May 30, 2010
This week… 2346 commits, in 184 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Vincent Untz improved and merged Carlos Garcia Campos branch of gnome-panel that moves applets off Bonobo, to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)
- Shaun McCance landed a bookmarks editor in Yelp.
- A Kupfer plugin that adds a quick access to tasks from Getting Things GNOME! has been contributed by Karol Będkowski.
- The “Default Applications” capplet has been converted to a settings panel.
- Support for devices with sector sizes of more than 512 bytes have been enabled in gparted (GNOME bug 607165)
- Adel Gadllah contributed to GNOME Shell, with a patch to make sure the app switcher would always be displayed on the primary monitor.
- XInput2 support has been merged in GTK+, enabling the use of multiple keyboards and pointer pairs . (GNOME bug 596725)
- Both GNOME Color Manager and Evince have been ported to use GDBus.
- Alexander Larsson added some initial support for dtrace and systemtap to GLib, the current set of probes is on allocation and free using g_malloc & friends, and g_slice, and gquark name tracking . (GNOME bug 606044)
- Edgar Luna added a new lyrics parser, using darklyrics.com, to Rhythmbox (GNOME bug 525094)
- Support for gobject introspection has been added to gtksourceview by Tomeu Vizoso, and to dconf by Ryan Lortie.
- Morten Welinder added a non-linear solver to Gnumeric (GNOME bug 614865)
- In their GSOC Yuvi Panda pushed the work he started to rewrite Cheese in Vala, Jamie Nicol updated the Last.fm plugin of rhythmbox to support the new authentication API, and Salomon Sickert has written the first part of a support library for his “TaskView” project.
January 24, 2010
This week… 1900 commits, in 191 projects, by 249 happy hackers (and 339 were translation commits).
- Epiphany now has page cache enabled, as all critical bugs have been fixed and it now needs real world testing.
- Huzaifa S. Sidhpurwala added TLS-Remote support to the NetworkManager OpenVPN plugin . (GNOME bug 455142)
- Cheese has been changed to limit webcam framerate to 30 frames per second, as the developers really do not want webcams that claim to support huge framerates to slow down everything . (GNOME bug 607238)
- Enrico Minack updated the Invest applet to connect to NetworkManager to react on network changes . (GNOME bug 605739)
- GNOME Color Manager gained the ability to find and select ICC profiles on mounted volumes from other operating systems (both Mac OS X and Windows ). (GNOME bug 607390)
- Jesse van den Kieboom fixed bugs in the smart converter encoding guessing of gedit and added test cases.
- The GNOME Disk Utility got drive emblems, used to mark RAID and LVM2 “drives”.
- A new workspaces view, matching latest design has been commited to the GNOME Shell, the default workspace view is now a scrollable horizontal list, with a control to switch between it and the previous grid view . (GNOME bug 593844)
- Toms Baugis added the possibility for Hamster to run as a standalone application, instead of being a panel applet.
- The accounts dialog of Empathy gained an extra column in the treeview displaying the status of each account (GNOME bug 605309).
January 17, 2010
This week… 2106 commits, in 195 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 348 were translation commits).
- Behdad Esfahbod added the possibility to save the content of a terminal . (GNOME bug 24457)
- Vinagre feature to share a desktop over Telepathy has been ported to the latest Telepathy API, removing the requirement on Empathy to dispatch tubes.
- A new accounts-dialog module has been imported, talking to a new accountsservice service to manage accounts; Matthias Clasen announced it on his weblog: Old Promises.
- Parallel to those developments Milan Bouchet-Vala continued hacking on the accounts management in system-tools-backend and GNOME system tools, improving both backends and user interface.
- XChat-GNOME got rid of libgnome and libgnomeui (GNOME bug 584887); the GNOME Panel also got rid of them.
- gdm has been fixed to not display a different message for user unknown versus a failed password for a valid user, to avoid revealing which user names are valid without authenticating . (GNOME bug 606703)
- Andrea Cimitan speed up the Murrine engine in RGBA mode, fixing the way webkit windows were handled along the way.
- Alexander Larsson added support for lazy loading of giomodules to GLib.
- Thomas Wood worked on the evolution of the control center, moving to a single window approach, in the single-window-shell branch, read his weblog for more info.
- GNOME Disk Utility got a first cut at LVM2 support, with support for creating Logical Volumes; support for setting up striping and mirroring will come later.
- Bastien Nocera added cropping capability to the chooser widget of Cheese . (GNOME bug 606730)
- Toms Baugis improved the hamster applet so it will now adapt automatically to theme colours.
- Epiphany “find on page” feature has been improved to wait a little bit before searching for one or two character strings, which slowed down things . (GNOME bug 598322)
December 6, 2009
This week… 1756 commits, in 187 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 277 were translation commits).
- Brasero got a way to switch between different project types, for example converting from an audio project to a data project . (GNOME bug 558440)
- The Evolution contact map plugin by Cédric Bosdonnat has been commited, Cédric announced the plugin in Maps for Evolution . (GNOME bug 361156)
- An iPhone port of Dasher has been pushed.
- Cheese saw ports from HAL to gudev (GNOME bug 594966), from EphySpinner to GtkSnipper (GNOME bug 598445), and from straight GStreamer to libcanberra (GNOME bug 603152).
- Support for callback functions has been pushed into gjs . (GNOME bug 563025)
- Paolo Bacchilega updated file roller to use an EggFileFormatChooser widget for file format selection.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo worked hard updating the API docs of Epiphany . (GNOME bug 503852)
- Support for compression has been added to the TIFF pixbuf loader . (GNOME bug 584700)
- Matt Kraai made the totem-pl-parser library thread-safe . (GNOME bug 572705)
- Jonathon Jongsma refactored error reporting in Evolution to separate error from dialogs . (GNOME bug 602963)
July 5, 2009
This week… 1811 commits, in 184 projects, by 224 happy hackers (and 268 were translation commits).
- The Client Side Windows branch has been merged into GTK+, Alexander Larsson posted a status update on gtk-devel-list . (GNOME bug 318807)
- Cheese dropped its copy of GEditMessageArea in favour of the new GtkInfoBar that was introduced in 2.17.2 . (GNOME bug 586545)
- When there’s a DVD menu showing in Totem, it’s now possible to use the arrow keys to navigate around, and the Enter key to select (GNOME bug 580351).
- Snowy (the Tomboy companion web service) added OAuth endpoints, and the requirement for OAuth for accessing api/* URLs.
- Richard Hughes removed the HAL dependency of gnome-power-manager, making everything going through DeviceKit; he blogged it as HALectomy of gnome-power-manager complete.
- Gustavo Noronha Silva merged his content sniffing work in libsoup, the implementation is based on the draft spec on Content-Type Processing Model. Soup now provides a SoupContentSniffer session feature, which hooks into the message I/O, and delays emissions of the got-chunk signal to be able to figure out the Content-Type of messages from the actual content received, in some cases. GIO is also used to sniff content, whenever the spec allows further sniffing .(GNOME bug 572589)
October 19, 2008
This week… 1802 commits, in 171 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 301 were translation commits).
A port of dasher in Java has been added to the dasher repository, it was done by Chris Smowton. Sébastien Granjoux implemented support for gdbserver in Anjuta. William Jon McCann worked a little bit on the user-switch-applet that is now part of gdm. Empathy gained a pidgin-accounts import dialog and finally got support for chatroom invitations. More modules were migrated away from libgnome (gnome-games, marlin, cheese) and to GtkBuilder (eog) and gio (tracker search tool).