February 28, 2010
This week… 2327 commits, in 209 projects, by 299 happy hackers (and 739 were translation commits).
- libgda got initial support for GObject Introspection, thanks to Daniel Espinosa.
- Empathy conversation logger can now be run as a separate process (GNOME bug 518414)
- Zenity got a –color-selection switch, to display a color selection dialog . (GNOME bug 540169)
- GNOME Screensaver got a control center extension panel, but it got reverted, most likely for the next release.
- Brasero drive selection widget has been fixed to be usable from GtkBuilder (GNOME bug 608170)
- Some minimal support for checking certificates has been added to Epiphany (GNOME bug 600663)
- GNOME Shell got notifications to point to windows demanding attention (via the urgency hint ) (GNOME bug 610594)
- gnote has been changed to allow user to decide if links are updated when renaming a note . (GNOME bug 584789)
- gcalctool was chaned to allow hexadecimal numbers to be entered in lower-case.
- Carlos Garcia Campos pushed a bonobo-less branch of the GNOME Panel, porting both gnome-panel and libpanel-applet to D-Bus . (GNOME bug 572131)
October 4, 2009
This week… 2015 commits, in 171 projects, by 239 happy hackers (and 242 were translation commits).
- Robin Sonefors contributed a prime factorization function to gcalctool (GNOME bug 563217).
- Evolution got rid of all the deprecated GTK+ symbols it used (GNOME bug 572348).
- Pascal Terjan ported the Pidgin nautilus-sendto plugin to use Pidgin D-Bus API (GNOME bug 597039).
- GNOME Shell added a calendar pop-down to the clock (GNOME bug 596432).
- Sound Juicer has been converted to use the Inhibit interface from gnome-session (GNOME bug 596570).
- Vinagre got configurable depth support (in the “depth” branch, to be merged once a new gtk-vnc release gets out ). (GNOME bug 485204)
- Thanks to the efficient scrollback store in vte 0.22 Christian Persch added support for unlimited scrollback to gnome-terminal.
- Nautilus gained a checkbox for not assocating a filetype on open with . (GNOME bug 92497)
- Ryan Lortie commited GSettings property binding support and a GValue serialiser into the gsettings glib branch.
- Empathy fixed its handling of fallback HTML files in Adium themes . (GNOME bug 596303)
April 12, 2009
This week… 1245 commits, in 160 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 277 were translation commits).
- The 3.0 platform cleaning plan was announced and already beared a lot of results : baobab, hamster-applet, gcalctool and glchess got ported to GtkBuilder; brasero, the toolbar editor in libegg and yelp got rid of their glib and GTK+ deprecated symbols; gnome-mag migrated to gio/gvfs; and eog incorporated all it needef rom libart_lgpl, thus removing its dependency (GNOME bug 577940, GNOME bug 578219, GNOME bug 571868, GNOME bug 578304, GNOME bug 517732, GNOME bug 573023, GNOME bug 556808 and GNOME bug 556807, at least).
- Also Matthew Barnes killed the deprecated html-editor component from gtkhtml2, getting rid of bonobo (GNOME bug 571743).
- Several gnome-games (aisleriot, gnibbles, mahjongg, and iagno) were updated to use g_timeout_add_seconds where sensible . (GNOME bug 564202).
- Vincent Untz improved his gnome-session patch, and commited the fix so that reboot and shutdown also leave the session properly, by letting apps exist before doing the real reboot/shutdown.
- The GVFS FTP backend saw several fixes (including GNOME bug 520399, GNOME bug 573349).
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added source code completion to GtkSourceView.
- pygtk was changed to use numpy instead of Numeric, that was no longer maintained (GNOME bug 387544).
- Empathy added a new presence selector widget, that incorporates a text field for quick setting of custom messages (GNOME bug 569449).