February 27, 2011
This week… 2424 commits, in 223 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 516 were translation commits).
- Jiří Techet ported thje eog map plugin to use libchamplain 0.10 . (GNOME bug 642802)
- Matthew Barnes ported gnome-video-arcade from GConf to Gsettings.
- Chris Kühl added back basic mdns functionality in Vino.
- In libgnomekbd Sergey V. Udaltsov improved rendering of keysyms. No ISO_, underscores->spaces . (GNOME bug 642903)
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the import in Gnumeric of LibreOffice created xlsx files using shared formulas . (GNOME bug 642850)
- Marc-André Lureau added a spice plugin to Vinagre . (GNOME bug 642844)
- Sergio Villar Senin added DNS prefetching into Epiphany, this will proactively perform DNS lookups when the user sets the cursor over an autocompleted entry in the location bar . (GNOME bug 606087)
- Guillaume Desmottes updated Empathy to use the same tab close button as in gedit . (GNOME bug 642865)
- In DrWright Christopher Aillon added accounting for idle time when starting a typing break . (GNOME bug 642788)
- Alexander Larsson changed GNOME Shell to have a hot corner on each monitor . (GNOME bug 642881)
- Also in GNOME Shell David Zeuthen added a native PolicyKit authentication agent. He presented this work in GNOME 3 Authorization . (GNOME bug 642886)
- Stefano Teso changed the list view of Nautilus to create folders in subdirectories when possible . (GNOME bug 330644)
- Marek Kašík changed the print notifcation plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to use the new D-Bus API for communication with CUPS.
- And Cosimo Cecchi updated the housekeeping plugin to use the Nautilus D-Bus API to empty the trash . (GNOME bug 632154)
February 20, 2011
This week… 2119 commits, in 179 projects, by 231 happy hackers (and 387 were translation commits).
- Tor-björn Claesson contributed a dock extension for GNOME Shell.
- Vincent Untz started rewriting gnome-web-photo to use WebKit instead of xulrunner.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a GeditAnimatedOverlay class to gedit, this provides a widget with slide/in/out animation for the widget added on the container.
- Michal Hruby added a Zeitgeist dataprovider plugin to gedit.
- Shaun McCance merged the search & indexing branch of Yelp.
- Richard Hughes added a updates plugin in gnome-settings-daemon, to notify user of available package updates.
- D-Bus applets in GNOME Panel were fixed to work in multiscreen environments . (GNOME bug 632369)
- Bastien Nocera added a ‘Add’ button to the control center background panel.
- Guillaume Desmottes updated Empathy to set the same program class in all binaries, to make all empathy apps windows appear as the same application in GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 642440)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a floating bar to Nautilus.
- Garrett Regier made the libpeas plugin manager show a dialog when disabling a plugin which is depended on.
- In gimp Michael Natterer added a GimpTileBackendTileManager which does nothing so far but will help GEGL migration a lot.
- Eugenia Gabrielova updated inline search in Anjuta to support replace and highlighting . (GNOME bug 638134)
- Jasper St. Pierrer added a history manager, to be used by runDialog and lookingGlass, into GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 642237)
- Also in GNOME Shell Guillaume Desmottes ported the Telepathy bits to use telepathy-glib . (GNOME bug 620416)
January 30, 2011
This week… 2386 commits, in 214 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 474 were translation commits).
- The translation support for the future gnome.org, by Lincoln de Sousa and Vinicius Depizzol, have been merged.
- Chris Kühl started working on a GTK+ 3 port for gnome-system-monitor.
- Guido Günther added a control center panel into krb5-auth-dialog.
- Support for temperature conversion has been added to gcalctool by Robert Ancell.
- Jonny Lamb started backporting fixes and features of Empathy in a new 2.34 branch.
- Peter Bloomfield worked on migrating Balsa from GConf to GSettings.
- Detection of a stalemate position has been added to glchess.
- Bastien Nocera added handling of new multimedia keys (FastForward, Rewind, Repeat, and Shuffle) to Totem . (GNOME bug 634184)
- Carlos Garcia Campos added support for external links into Evince . (GNOME bug 628711)
- James Liggett implemented the Aply Mailbox Files pane in the git plugin of Anjuta.
- Jens Georg made item creation asynchronous in the mediathek plugin of Rygel . (GNOME bug 638269)
- Marek Kasik added a new plugin for print notifications in gnome-settings-daemon.
- Ray Strode changed gnome-session to use the shell for presenting the logout and shutdown dialogs . (GNOME bug 637188)
- Owen Taylor started pushing his work on the new “Thumbnails” workspace management of GNOME Shell.
January 23, 2011
This week… 2604 commits, in 181 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 446 were translation commits).
- The screensaver dialog screen has been made a bit more like the mockups by Jon McCann.
- Also the work he did to make gdm more like the plans for GNOME 3 has been merged by Ray Strode.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo started pushing his work for a new Epiphany download manager, in the downloads branch.
- Chandni Verma patched Empathy to display a typing icon alongside contacts in the MUC contact lists . (GNOME bug 609419)
- Jeff Schroeder added support for hiding notes, and notebook template notes, in Snowy.
- Matthias Clasen updated gnome-settings-daemon to use symbolic icons for its On Screen Display . (GNOME bug 639772)
- Paolo Bacchilega added focus stealing prevention code to file-roller . (GNOME bug 318108)
- The Adwaita theme engine has been moved from gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks to gnome-themes-standard.
- A “Generate Patch Series” pane has been added to the git plugin of Anjuta, by James Liggett.
- Marek Kašík added an initial implementation of a Printers panel to the control center.
- Pierre Wieser migrated nautilus-actions from GConf to GSettings.
- A new histogram view has been added to the sidebar of gthumb.
- David Zeuthen finished the port of gnome-disk-utility to GTK+ 3.
- The screencast recorded built in GNOME Shell has been switched to webm by Adel Gadllah . (GNOME bug 632595)
- Also in GNOME Shell Maxim Ermilov added the ability to extend a search to the web, using OpenSearch to define the search engines . (GNOME bug 623708)
December 19, 2010
This week… 1798 commits, in 165 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 271 were translation commits).
- Shaun McCance added support for the Mallard Facets extension to both yelp and yelp-xsl.
- Robert Carr ported ease from autotools to the Wav build system.
- James Liggett implemented the Revert pane in the Git plugin of Anjuta.
- Handling of GeoRSS for YouTube videos has been added to libgdata.
- Laura Lucas Alday added command line options for starting cheese in wide and fullscreen modes . (GNOME bug 597820)
- Milan Bouchet-Valat switched the GNOME System Tools to GTK+ 3.
- A rewrite of the documentation for Orca has been started by Joanmarie Diggs.
- In gnome-settings-daemon Colin Walters changed the default behaviour when closing a laptop lid, from hibernate to suspend . (GNOME bug 637473)
- The sasl-gui branch has been merged into Empathy, meaning it is now possible to setup accounts without saving the passwords.
- Maxim Ermilov implemented filtering applications by category to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 631537)
- Tristan Van Berkom merged his treeview refactoring in GTK+, he has a number of posts on the subject in his blog.
- Richard Hughes added a first version of a network panel to the control center.
December 12, 2010
This week… 1805 commits, in 169 projects, by 212 happy hackers (and 260 were translation commits).
- Kenny Meyer added a tab to the context pane of Rhythmbox with links to websites for album and artist info . (GNOME bug 636550)
- Philip Withnall switched many of the libgdata API to be stream-based, he wrote about his libgdata work in “Recent libgdata work“.
- Shaun McCance added syntax highlighting for code snippets in Yelp.
- The Murrine GTK+ engine has been turned into a GtkThemingEngine by Andrea Cimitan, while Carlos Garnacho did the same for the clearlooks engine in gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks.
- David Pellicer added scanning support to the Caribou onscreen keyboard.
- Detection of TLS and SSL support has been added to the FTP backend in gvfs.
- Carlos Garnacho added the beginning of a CSS-based theme to gnome-themes-standard.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo added nice custom error pages to Epiphany . (GNOME bug 592667)
- Tomas Bzatek added a check to gnome-settings-daemon, to detect if Nautilus is running, as it is no longer possible to rely on having Nautilus a key component in the session. (see GNOME bug 636191 for details).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a new sidebar page for bookmarks in Evince, it allows to add, remove, and rename internal bookmarks.
- Daniel G. Siegle added new effects contributed by Filippo Argiolas to gnome-video-effects, and added a fade-in animation when switching effect page in Cheese.
- Johannes Schmid ported Anjuta to G(tk)Application.
- Bastien Nocera added a “network time” switch to the datetime control center panel.
- The Quartz backend in GTK+ has been ported to the latest rendering-cleanup changes by Kristian Rietveld.
- Brandon Lewis implemented the saving of presets in Pitivi.
- The participants to the doc dev tools hackfest contributed a serie of tutorials and demos to the gnome-devel-docs module.
November 21, 2010
This week… 1927 commits, in 202 projects, by 209 happy hackers (and 400 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch moved back the typing-break code from gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center to its own drwright module.
- Owen Taylor added a new frame type to mutter for modal dialogs . (GNOME bug 592382)
- Much work happened around the gtk-style-context branch of GTK+, with many modules tentatively ported, including a transformation of the ClearLooks into a GtkThemingEngine.
- Vinagre was adapted to the new G[tk]Application API by Jonh Wendell.
- Colin Walters added support for gunichar as a new fundamental type tag to gjs . (GNOME bug 633199)
- GNOME Power Manager has been cleaned of all its UPS specific UI, to just use the battery critical action for the UPS critical state.
- Andoni Morales Alastruey updated Longomatch to only show players that are actually plaging, and to sort them on their numbers, not names.
- A new Battery & Power indicator has been added to GNOME Shell by Giovanni Campagna . (GNOME bug 622451)
- The GNOME Control Center got a new ‘Power’ panel, with appropriate power management settings.
- Libsoup has been changed to make URI username/password override cached info; this allows a page to, eg, force a logout by sending an XMLHttpRequest using a bad password . (GNOME bug 631679)
- Peter Hutterer added a wacom gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Also Tomas Bzatek started porting Nautilus aurorun code as a new automount gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Cosimo Cecchi started implementing a “open with” dialog right in GTK+, it is currently in the open-with-dialog branch.
- Last but not least Arx Cruz added a new quite featured –form option to Zenity, making it possible to build more complex dialogs from a simple command line . (GNOME bug 412493)
November 7, 2010
This week… 1795 commits, in 177 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- Robert Ancell updated gnome-nettool to use gsettings (GNOME bug 625900), he also fixed autocompletion and dropdown history.
- Roberto Majadas pushed his win32 branch of nanny, the GNOME parental control application.
- A simple distribution upgrade tool using PackageKit has been started by Richard Hughes, he blogged about it in Preupgrade, meet PackageKit.
- Empathy has been fixed to to support multiple telephone fields . (GNOME bug 630421)
- Sandy Armstrong started an HTML5 offline note application built on jQuery Mobile, for snowy.
- The media-keys gnome-settings-daemon plugin has been ported to GDBus by Bastien Nocera . (GNOME bug 634104)
- Also in gnome-settings-daemon Rodrigo Moya added a settings key to disable boot time configuration of XRandR configuration . (GNOME bug 631388)
- Paolo Bacchilega added Windows Imaging Format (.wim, .swm) support to file-roller.
- Holger Berndt added the possibility to register an external bulk rename tool in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 306489)
- Jim Evins refined the barcode objects in glables, drawing a outline and using a more sophisticated test to determine if the cursor is on a barcode object.
- Johannes Shmid ported Anjuta to GTK+ 3, and started the work to port Glade, on the “offscreen-gtk3” branch. Also in the GTK+ 3 port serie, Thomas H.P. Andersen ported gnotski (from gnome games) and Ignacio Casal Quinteiro ported gtranslator.
- In GTK+ 3 itself Alexander Larsson added GtkRadioGroup, a group of object having radiobutton like behaviour, and Bastien Nocera added support for a custom GtkAssistant page type . (GNOME bug 576498)
October 24, 2010
This week… 2246 commits, in 200 projects, by 225 happy hackers (and 297 were translation commits).
- Colin Walters worked on porting gjs to xulrunner 2, including a port to use fast constructors.
- Rodrigo Moya migrated many control center settings (accessibility, mouse and touchpad) to GSettings.
- A “Remove attachments” command has been added to Evolution by Rex Tsai (GNOME bug 534453)
- Brtfs has been made a normal part of gparted, it is no longer necessary to use the –enable-brtfs option.
- A volume indicator has been added to GNOME Shell by Giovanni Campagna . (GNOME bug 629455)
- Vitaly Minko added a new popup menu item in the Empathy chat window allowing to add words to dictionaries . (GNOME bug 550775).
- Felix Riemann made “best fit” a toggle action in Eog, making it clear from the toolbar when the image will be rescaled with the window and when not . (GNOME bug 616890)
- Tadej Borovšak added a GtkScollable interface to GTK+, and several modules (Nautilus, GNOME Control Center, gtksourceview, and gedit) have already been adapted to use it.
- Also in GTK+ Matthias Clasen added a new GtkGrid widget, similar to GtkTable but without the legacy properties and unncessary restrictions.
- GNOME Settings Daemon got a bridge plugin, listening to GSettings changes and propagating them to GConf.
October 17, 2010
This week… 1906 commits, in 198 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 330 were translation commits).
- Once again this week many modules are being ported to GTK+ 3, a notable exemple is the port of the Murrine GTK+ Engine.
- Jon McCann dropped support for non-PAM authentication methods from gnome-screensaver.
- A new GApplication implementation by Ryan Lortie landed in glib.
- John Palmieri added compatibility functions for the deprecated PyCObject API to pygobject, also updating it to use the new PyCapsule PAI for Python versions above 3 . (GNOME bug 630844)
- Jonh Wendell made the Avahi browser in Vinagre work with its new plugin system.
- Vitaly Minko updated Empathy to divide spelling suggestions in one sub-menu per language . (GNOME bug 532832)
- Many parts of gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center have been migrated to use GSettings.
- Robin Sonefors added a GUI for unit conversions to gcalctool . (GNOME bug 539830)
- Dodji Seketeli made it possible to start remote debugging in Nemiver from the command line, it is no longer necessary to fill necessary parameters in the GUI . (GNOME bug 624630)
- The colour temperature has been added to the profile viewer details of gnome-color-manager.
- Jonathan Matthew added children to the podcast rhythmbox item, to have access to both new episodes and recent downloads.
- David Zeuthen started implementing the Date and Time GNOME Shell mockups, in the datetime branch.
- And Christian Dywan added a GtkComboBoxText class to GTK+, subclassing GtkComboBox and replaceing the old gtk_combo_box_*_text() convenience API . (GNOME bug 612396)