July 31, 2011
This week… 1611 commits, in 192 projects, by 234 happy hackers (and 211 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer added handling for some more transforms to the SVG import support of Dia.
- Alexandre Mazari changed Epiphany to use an external CSS file for widget styling.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added ability to import photos from a folder . (GNOME bug 452764)
- Pierre-Yves Luyten contributed Mallard documentation to gnote . (GNOME bug 620557)
- Cosimo Cecchi rewrote the PDF loader of GNOME Documents with an async/cancellable API.
- Philip Withnall added better APIs to handle image data in Folks . (GNOME bug 650414)
- The port of gjs to gdbus by Giovanni Campagna was commited.
- Marek Kasik added firewalld support to the printers panel of gnome-control-center, to make it open the firewall for required connections when searching for printers.
- Richard Hughes went to remove a lot of code from gnome-power-manager, as most things are now happening in the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first iteration of a blue-based dark theme.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort made a serie of UI improvements to Empathy call window.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported the iagno game to gsettings.
- Rhythmbox got a new clutter-based visualizer plugin, by Jonathan Matthew.
July 24, 2011
This week… 1607 commits, in 160 projects, by 208 happy hackers (and 269 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau added a “camera” background type to pinpoint, “It’s awesome, it lets you put pull your webcam into your presentation.”
- Gtkhtml was fixed by Matthew Barnes to get font settings from gsettings, not gconf. (GONME bug 655002)
- Richard Schwarting added much documentation to the gxml library.
- Ryan Lortie added new keyfile-based “dump” and “load” commands to the dconf cli tool.
- Felix Riemann modified the map eog plugin to parse coordinate tags directly from the EXIF data . (GNOME bug 654650)
- Some more Chinese poetry has been added to Pango test suite.
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented a first iteration of an inline preview into gnome-documents.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gitg to show “gravatar” when changing the revision.
- Nohemi Fernandez added a fullscale keyboard to Caribou, extending the US touch layout by including keys from the hardware keyboard (ie. Ctrl/Alt, etc).
- Workarounds for Microsoft Excel ODF bugs were made in Gnumeric by Andreas J. Guelzow.
- Robert Bragg added ColorMask support to Cogl, a color mask being a bit mask defining which color channels should be written to the current framebuffer.
- Support for new org.gtk.GDBus.C.UnixFD annotation has been added into gdbus-codegen by David Zeuthen.
- Paolo Bacchilega improved gthumb interaction with file-roller, now allowing to drop files from file-roller and get them extracted into the gthumb file list.
- Jonathan Matthew replaced the metadata and encoder backends in Rhythmbox by GstDiscover, a decodebin2-based pipeline, and encodebin, fixing too many bugs to list in the process.
- Arx Cruz added HTML support (via webkitgtk) into the –text-info option of zenity . (GNOME bug 598655)
May 1, 2011
This week… 2045 commits, in 208 projects, by 235 happy hackers (and 438 were translation commits).
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added a map vto view the geographical position where the picture was taken.
- Cosimo Cecchi changed sushi to remove the window title when going fullscreen.
- Gioavanni Campagna added a new “Removable Drive Menu” extension for gnome-shell, this adds a menu in the system status area that tracks removable disk devices attached and offers to browse them and eject/unmount them . (GNOME bug 647027)
- Hans Breuer worked on updating the dia manual to match recent changes . (GNOME bug 632660)
- Alberto Ruiz went on adding gobject introspection annotation to functions in pango.
- In GNOME Settings Daemon Bastien Nocera simplified the NTP handling for distributions.
- Guillaume Desmottes refactored the usage of Telepathy in GNOME Shell, porting it to TpBaseClient . (GNOME bug 645585)
- Also in GNOME Shell Giovanni Campagna updated the network menu to keep wireless networks in a predictable ordre . (GNOME bug 646580)
- Shaun McCance added some basic Mallard conditional processing to Yelp.
- Epiphany status overlay was updated by Alexandre Mazari to slide out when the mouse pointer goes close by . (GNOME bug 643909)
- Felix Rieman switched eog to use lcms2 for colour management.
- GNOME Terminal has been updated to use gsettings for proxy settings, by Christian Persch . (GNOME bug 647077)
- John Stowers greatly improved shell theme selection and installation in gnome-tweak-tool.
- Sébastien Granjoux added the possibility to change directory group properties in Anjuta.
- Jonathan Matthew removed the old plugin system of rhythmbox, completing the switch to libpeas.
February 13, 2011
This week… 2038 commits, in 188 projects, by 238 happy hackers (and 359 were translation commits).
- Saleem Abdulrasool added support for magic-based identification of files in file-roller.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro changed gtksourceview to use a different draw for narrowed non breaking spaces . (GNOME bug 626126)
- Also in gtksourceview the M4 syntax highlighting was updated for all current Autoconf-and-friends macros, by Philip Chimento.
- Xan Lopez ported Epiphany floating statusbar to use the new overlay widget from gedit.
- Shaun McCance removed the bookmarks editor dialog from Yelp, instead it’s now possible to mark and unmark bookmarked pages with an icon in the location entry.
- In pygobject Martin Pitt made Gio.Settings behave like a dictionary, with transparent conversion from and to GVariants, this makes it more comfortable to use . (GNOME bug 640838)
- Chris Kühl continued on his port of GNOME System Monitor to GTK+ 3, switching libraries after a lot of cleanup work.
- Giovanni Campagna made GNOME Shell extensions translatable.
- Christian Persch made possible to postpone Dr Wright break immediately . (GNOME bug 621640)
- Michal Hruby added a zeitgeist dataprovider plugin to Totem.
- Paolo Bacchilega added the ability to search and filter files with a single tag in gthumb . (GNOME bug 633884)
- Several rhythmbox plugins were ported to use GObject Introspection by Jonathan Matthew.
- In the region control center panel Sergey V. Udaltsov made layout filtering much faster.
- Florian Müllner updated the shell app view to use larger icons, to match the mockups . (GNOME bug 639428)
February 6, 2011
This week… 2281 commits, in 185 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 364 were translation commits).
- Felix Riemann converted postr to use libpeas as plugin system.
- Francesco Marella migrated phonemgr from libglade to GtkBuilder . (GNOME bug 590816)
- Sergey V. Udaltsov added a gkbd-keyboard-display utility to libgnomekbd, to be used by gnome-shell and gnome-control-center to display keyboard layouts.
- Jonathan Matthew ported the Python plugins of Rhythmbox to gobject introspection.
- GDM was switched by Ray Strode to use accounts service for language and session.
- Cosimo Cecchi added a notification to Nautilus, when all transfer are completed.
- Unlock buttons have been added to both datetime and printers control center panels.
- David Zeuthen landed his work implementing the new calendar menu of GNOME Shell; he showed the result in GNOME 3 Calendar . (GNOME bug 632109)
- In Meld Kai Willadsen reworked directory-level file comparison, the new version features somewhat simpler logic, progressive file reading, binary file filter handling and provides earlier exit in no-filter cases . (GNOME bug 586656)
- The port of GNOME Panel to GTK+ 3 has been merged.
- Benjamin Otte rewrote the event handling of the area selection of gnome-screenshot.
- Christian Schaller changed the UI of Transmageddon to a combobox bases setup instead of radiobuttons, this to both shrink UI and allow for support of multiple audio streams; this makes a new look for Transmageddon.
January 9, 2011
This week… 1791 commits, in 173 projects, by 211 happy hackers (and 356 were translation commits).
- Cristian Klein patched vte to prevent useless wakeups when the terminal doesn’t have focus, disabling the cursor blink timer when the cursor is hidden.
- Florian Müllner added two new frame states to mutter to allow theme authors to tread side-by-side windows differently . (GNOME bug 637330)
- Lucas Rocha started adding a “Sound Thing” to the board.
- Shaun McCance modified yelp to automatically install packages for missing documents.
- In Meld Kirill Müller sped up SVN listing for huge working copies . (GNOME bug 638607)
- Vivien Malerba added initial support for rich text rendering in libgda reports.
- Jon McCann changed gsettings-desktop-schema to no longer have icons on the desktop by default.
- Adel Gadllah implemented cross overview drag & drop in GNOME Shell, allowing draging to the activities button or the hotcorner (and thus opening the overview), which then allows the user to activate any window (even on different workspaces as a drop target . (GNOME bug 601731)
- Jose Aliste fixed several security issues in the DVI backend of Evince.
- The eog plugins system has been ported to use libpeas, and plugins were updated accordingly . (GNOME bug 626091)
- gitg has been ported to use gsettings by Ignacio Casal Quinteiro.
- Paolo Bacchilega re-added the semi-transparent properties box in gthumb fullscreen mode.
- Gary Lin scaled down the GTK+ print dialog size, to make it fit on a typical netbook screen . (GNOME bug 637958)
- Jonathan Matthew fixed the podcast status on download completion in Rhythmbox, this should make it possible to complete downloads that fail due to connection errors and the like . (GNOME bug 633469)
- Robert Ancell worked on the glChess vala rewrite, starting work on a chess clock, and adding back 3D board numbering.
December 12, 2010
This week… 1805 commits, in 169 projects, by 212 happy hackers (and 260 were translation commits).
- Kenny Meyer added a tab to the context pane of Rhythmbox with links to websites for album and artist info . (GNOME bug 636550)
- Philip Withnall switched many of the libgdata API to be stream-based, he wrote about his libgdata work in “Recent libgdata work“.
- Shaun McCance added syntax highlighting for code snippets in Yelp.
- The Murrine GTK+ engine has been turned into a GtkThemingEngine by Andrea Cimitan, while Carlos Garnacho did the same for the clearlooks engine in gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks.
- David Pellicer added scanning support to the Caribou onscreen keyboard.
- Detection of TLS and SSL support has been added to the FTP backend in gvfs.
- Carlos Garnacho added the beginning of a CSS-based theme to gnome-themes-standard.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo added nice custom error pages to Epiphany . (GNOME bug 592667)
- Tomas Bzatek added a check to gnome-settings-daemon, to detect if Nautilus is running, as it is no longer possible to rely on having Nautilus a key component in the session. (see GNOME bug 636191 for details).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a new sidebar page for bookmarks in Evince, it allows to add, remove, and rename internal bookmarks.
- Daniel G. Siegle added new effects contributed by Filippo Argiolas to gnome-video-effects, and added a fade-in animation when switching effect page in Cheese.
- Johannes Schmid ported Anjuta to G(tk)Application.
- Bastien Nocera added a “network time” switch to the datetime control center panel.
- The Quartz backend in GTK+ has been ported to the latest rendering-cleanup changes by Kristian Rietveld.
- Brandon Lewis implemented the saving of presets in Pitivi.
- The participants to the doc dev tools hackfest contributed a serie of tutorials and demos to the gnome-devel-docs module.
October 17, 2010
This week… 1906 commits, in 198 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 330 were translation commits).
- Once again this week many modules are being ported to GTK+ 3, a notable exemple is the port of the Murrine GTK+ Engine.
- Jon McCann dropped support for non-PAM authentication methods from gnome-screensaver.
- A new GApplication implementation by Ryan Lortie landed in glib.
- John Palmieri added compatibility functions for the deprecated PyCObject API to pygobject, also updating it to use the new PyCapsule PAI for Python versions above 3 . (GNOME bug 630844)
- Jonh Wendell made the Avahi browser in Vinagre work with its new plugin system.
- Vitaly Minko updated Empathy to divide spelling suggestions in one sub-menu per language . (GNOME bug 532832)
- Many parts of gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center have been migrated to use GSettings.
- Robin Sonefors added a GUI for unit conversions to gcalctool . (GNOME bug 539830)
- Dodji Seketeli made it possible to start remote debugging in Nemiver from the command line, it is no longer necessary to fill necessary parameters in the GUI . (GNOME bug 624630)
- The colour temperature has been added to the profile viewer details of gnome-color-manager.
- Jonathan Matthew added children to the podcast rhythmbox item, to have access to both new episodes and recent downloads.
- David Zeuthen started implementing the Date and Time GNOME Shell mockups, in the datetime branch.
- And Christian Dywan added a GtkComboBoxText class to GTK+, subclassing GtkComboBox and replaceing the old gtk_combo_box_*_text() convenience API . (GNOME bug 612396)
September 26, 2010
This week… 2622 commits, in 198 projects, by 238 happy hackers (and 826 were translation commits).
- The 2.32.0 release is almost there and translators are working hard, French reached a 100% translation status, joining Portuguese, Polish, Hungarian, and Galician; an enormous effort also happened in the Uighur team, with almost five thousands new translated strings.
- The Nautilus connect dialog has been updated to match mockups created by Allan Day.
- Many changes landed in Pitivi, such as Karl Palsson updating the sources list to display clip previews on double clicks, and the important work done by Thibault Saunier to add effects being merged; read Pitivi master finaly gets effects! for the announcement and a screenshot.
- Martin Szulecki added an module for iPods in conduit.
- Havoc Pennington improved tests for X error traps in GTK+, fixing two bugs along the way . (GNOME bug 630033)
- Banshee got support for detecting network status under Microsoft Windows, thanks to Pete Johanson (GNOME bug 630296)
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved printing of checkboxes and radio buttons in Gnumeric.
- Srinivasa Ragavan started adding rendering of events in the main calendar view, in his work on a clutterified evolution.
- Johan Dahlin added a lot of missing introspection annotations to glib, and added and fixed a few in GTK+.
- Another summer of code work has been merged, as Jamie Nicol improvements in the Last.fm Rhythmbox plugin have been merged, bringing such changes as the possibility to view its profile (GNOME bug 345957), and to use Libre.fm (GNOME bug 592428).