October 23, 2011
This week… 2348 commits, in 213 projects, by 251 happy hackers (and 434 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau updated pinpoint to support 3gp files as video files.
- In gparted Curtis Gedak added detection of exfat file systems (GNOME bug 639760) and the ability to resize btrfs file systems (GNOME bug 661715).
- Marc-André Lureau started implemented the assistant pages to create machines in gnome-boxes.
- Dan Winship fixed SoupMessage https status information to be set more reliably.
- Now that GTK+ supports it, Cosimo Cecchi enabled transparency and rounded corners of tooltips in gnome-themes-standard.
- Morten Welinder added a new resource manager into goffice.
- In gnome-screensaver Martin Schmölzer fixed background scaling on multi-monitor setups . (GNOME bug 648193)
- Philip Withnall added support for caching vCard parameters for contacts in folks telepathy backend.
- Zeeshan Ali refactored rygel to more easily support client hacks, and added some for Panasonic TV.
- Vincent Untz changed gnome-session to use whitelist/blacklist regexps when evaluating the active renderer . (GNOME bug 644325)
- In yelp Shaun McCance added a share button to send a link to a help page.
- Florian Müllner added context menus (with copy/paste actions) to some entries of gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 659275)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added optional markers to indicate that cell content has been truncated . (GNOME bug 662149)
- David King changed cheese to prefer the dark GTK+ theme variant . (GNOME bug 660628)
October 2, 2011
This week… 2810 commits, in 216 projects, by 325 happy hackers (and 767 were translation commits).
- In gdk-pixbuf Keith Moyer fixed gif animation delays between frames . (GNOME bug 655755)
- Jonathan Matthew converted Rhythmbox to be based on GtkApplication.
- Emmanuele Bassi added support for run-time backend detection in clutter-gtk.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a better, more contextual review list UI for extensions.gnome.org.
- Dan Winship updated libsoup to use GTlsDatabase, and added new SoupSession properties for it.
- In clutter-gst Damien Lespiau changed how audio and subtitles tracks are reported.
- Cosimo Cecchi updated gnome-screenshot to use GNOME Shell DBus screenshot interface if available . (GNOME bug 657330)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed latexila to use theme icons, instead of relying of icons copied from Kile.
- Murray Cumming updated glom to use CSS3 formatting for colors.
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro added a snippets manager to gedit-latex.
- Copy and paste from gnumeric to other programs has been fixed by Andreas J. Guelzow . (GNOME bug 660242)
- In goffice Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions when the input vector is (near-)constant.
- Jens Georg added some delay before handling SoupMessage signals in rygel, to avoid getting stray signals when one of the precondition checks fails.
- Support for DVD playing has been added to Banshee, this includes menu navitation and is the work of Alex Launi, Olivier Dufour, and Bertrand Lorenz.
- Richard Hugues added an ICC profile metadata blacklist to gnome-color-manager.
- Jonny Lamb removed workarounds for Butterfly bugs from Empathy . (GNOME bug 612555)
- Christophe Dumez optimised the parsing of vcards in evolution-data-server.
August 14, 2011
This week… 1305 commits, in 147 projects, by 196 happy hackers (and 237 were translation commits).
- David King disabled Ctrl-Alt-Del action in the view-only mode of Vinagre . (GNOME bug 656451)
- Vincent Untz added support for XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP, to be used by non-GNOME consumers of GNOME . (GNOME bug 654041)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the support GTK+ modules into Caribou . (GNOME bug 655047)
- In GNOME Disk Utility David Zeuthen added an UI for editing /etc/fstab entries.
- Lubosz Sarnecki contribued viewer transformation support into Pitivi.
- GHex has been ported to use GSettings by Kalev Lember.
- Jakub Steiner and Cosimo Cecchi made various refinements to the Adwaita theme.
- In pygobject Laszlo Pandy added support for calling functions with keyword arguments in invoke . (GNOME bug 625596)
- Dan Winship changed libsoup to default to TLS for https connections, and fall back to SSLv3 on failure . (GNOME bug 581342)
- Luca Bruno switched vala support for libgdata to use introspection data . (GNOME bug 655192)
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for smoothed curve renaming . (GNOME bug 656148)
- Jasper St. Pierre added invisible borders to Mutter, paving the way for easier grab on thin window borders . (GNOME bug 644930)
- Philip Withnall ported the MPRIS support of Totem to version 2.1.
- In folks Travis Reitter added support for vCard-like parameters to a serie of attributes.
- Murray Cumming made various improvements to the Print Layout support of glom.
May 29, 2011
This week… 2017 commits, in 201 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 249 were translation commits).
- In libxml2 Daniel Veillard added options to ignore the internal encoding of XML and HTML documents.
- Milan Crha ported evolution-couchdb to build with Evolution 3.
- Lucian Langa implemented the org.gnome.feed.Reader interface in evolution-rss, making it work with the feed subscription support from Epiphany.
- Eitan Isaacson added “scan” layout functionality to Caribou, he later wrote about it and other Caribou changes in Caribou Week Whatever.
- Eog was changed by Felix Riemann to use the result of librsvg parser to generate pixel data out of SVG files . (GNOME bug 642725)
- Marc Alcalà updated the Dock extension for gnome shell to allow for multiple positions on the screen . (GNOME bug 647394)
- Shaun McCance added a Mallard page status checker to yelp-tools.
- Øyvind Kolås added the start of a speaker screen to the pinpoint presentation tool.
- In frogr Mario Sanchez Prada added support for using the GNOME general proxy settings . (GNOME bug 644841)
- Richard Hughes updated the gnome-settings-daemon color plugin to watch the user directories for ICC files and (un)register them with colord.
- Libsoup got a workaround for broken apache Content-Encoding on .gz files . (GNOME bug 613361)
- The Epiphany location entry was updated to not change background colour for security state, relying on a visible symbolic lock icon when needed.
- Colin Walters added tracking changes in WM_CLASS to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 649315)
- Matthias Clasen implemented network sharing (aka ‘Hotspot’) into the network settings panel.
March 20, 2011
This week… 3142 commits, in 211 projects, by 294 happy hackers (and 1113 were translation commits).
- Translators were all hard at work, with more than one thousand commits this week.
- John Stowers pushed his GNOME Tweak Tool to the GNOME Git server.
- Mutter was changed to provide a single library, combining both libmutter-wm and libmutter-private . (GNOME bug 644565)
- Colin Walters added a “fail whale” dialog in gnome-session, to be shown on component failures; the name comes from Twitter error pages . (GNOME bug 642497)
- The same Colin Walters also rewrote a11y bus management in at-spi2-core, so it doesn’t fall back to the session bus . (GNOME bug 644851)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a first iteration of a dark variant of the Adwaita theme, in gnome-themes-standard.
- In libsoup Dan Winship implemented a GNOME proxy backend using te network proxy settings from gsettings-desktop-schemas, for automatic proxy configuration it uses the D-Bus service provided by the libproxy plugin . (GNOME bug 644211)
- Shaun McCance added mouseovers on topic links of Mallard documents, in yelp-xsl.
- In gnome-devel-docs Johannes Schmid updated or added guitar tuner demos in different languages.
- And also at the documentation hackfest many pages were written for the user help, by all participants.
- Claude Paroz added support for “reduced stats” in damned-lies, making it possible to have statistics on “important” strings, for example it currently excludes schema strings.
- Jan Danielsson added support for the Fossil Source Control Management to Meld . (GNOME bug 644811)
- Richard Hugues updated the screenshot tool in gnome-utils to save the screen ICC profile in the screenshot.
- Bastien Nocera implemented touchpad motion settings in the mouse plugin for gnome-settings-daemon . (GNOME bug 642474)
March 13, 2011
This week… 2634 commits, in 197 projects, by 272 happy hackers (and 670 were translation commits).
- Andrew McGrath added support for plain text exportation in ocrfeeder.
- Robert Ancell updated dconf-editor to show the key range in key descriptions.
- Based on a patch from Mark Starovoytov Dan Winship fixed libsoup to catch overflows when parsing very distant expiration dates in cookies . (GNOME bug 643462)
- John Stowers added a user-theme extension to the gnome-shell-extensions repository . (GNOME bug 644271)
- Ray Strode made it so that gdm runs the gnome-session acceleration helper script, to preload the GL stack and figure out ahead of time whether or not gnome shell can run on the system.
- Marek Kasik updated the printers plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to show notifications for selected printer state changes (things liek “tuner low”).
- Jakub Steiner worked on the Cantarell font, fixing all ~ accented glyphs . (GNOME bug 642396)
- Steve Frécinaux enabled Python support for eog plugins . (GNOME bug 639597)
- Martin Robinson made the serif font the default web font of Epiphany, to match the behaviour of other browsers . (GNOME bug 644523)
- GObject Introspection support as been added to libcheese by Luciana Fujii Pontello.
- Dan Winship changed gnome-shell to use the new libmutter-wm library, to build a real gnome-shell binary (GNOME bug 641724)
- Bastien Nocera added some code to reorder date widgets in the date/time panel, to be based on the locale’s date format, rather than only supporting the US-centric version . (GNOME bug 636896)
- And William Jon McCann ripped GNOME Screensaver of its theme and job support.
November 21, 2010
This week… 1927 commits, in 202 projects, by 209 happy hackers (and 400 were translation commits).
- Christian Persch moved back the typing-break code from gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center to its own drwright module.
- Owen Taylor added a new frame type to mutter for modal dialogs . (GNOME bug 592382)
- Much work happened around the gtk-style-context branch of GTK+, with many modules tentatively ported, including a transformation of the ClearLooks into a GtkThemingEngine.
- Vinagre was adapted to the new G[tk]Application API by Jonh Wendell.
- Colin Walters added support for gunichar as a new fundamental type tag to gjs . (GNOME bug 633199)
- GNOME Power Manager has been cleaned of all its UPS specific UI, to just use the battery critical action for the UPS critical state.
- Andoni Morales Alastruey updated Longomatch to only show players that are actually plaging, and to sort them on their numbers, not names.
- A new Battery & Power indicator has been added to GNOME Shell by Giovanni Campagna . (GNOME bug 622451)
- The GNOME Control Center got a new ‘Power’ panel, with appropriate power management settings.
- Libsoup has been changed to make URI username/password override cached info; this allows a page to, eg, force a logout by sending an XMLHttpRequest using a bad password . (GNOME bug 631679)
- Peter Hutterer added a wacom gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Also Tomas Bzatek started porting Nautilus aurorun code as a new automount gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Cosimo Cecchi started implementing a “open with” dialog right in GTK+, it is currently in the open-with-dialog branch.
- Last but not least Arx Cruz added a new quite featured –form option to Zenity, making it possible to build more complex dialogs from a simple command line . (GNOME bug 412493)
May 2, 2010
This week… 2121 commits, in 206 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 317 were translation commits).
- GLChess, from gnome-games, has been switched to use the GtkInfoBar widget . (GNOME bug 612660)
- Cosimo Cecchi added a button to restore selected files in the trash top bar in Nautilus . (GNOME bug 616304)
- Robert Carr worked hard on Glide, including some undo machinery, a new animation system, PDF export support; he blogged about this and more in Glide Update….
- Support for Tracker 0.8 has been added to Brasero . (GNOME bug 616831)
- Emerillon, the map browser using libchamplain, got bindings for the Vala language . (GNOME bug 616729)
- Dependency on libgnome has been removed from the invest applet . (GNOME bug 597842)
- Andreas Rottmann added gobject-introspection support to libsoup.
- Libchamplain build process has seen many changes, making it possible to build again without libmemphis support.
- Guido Günther added a simple PAM plugin to krb5-auth-dialog . (GNOME bug 347034)
- Dodji Seketeli made the find dialog of nemiver non-modal.
- And GNOME Color Manager has been updated to show much more details in the color picker UI, and allow the user to choose a RGB colorspace.
April 11, 2010
This week… 2112 commits, in 176 projects, by 296 happy hackers (and 263 were translation commits).
- Martin Szulecki added detection of the ipad to gvfs AFC backend (GNOME bug 615039).
- Rhythmbox has been updated to use webkit to display HTML episode descriptions of podcasts . (GNOME bug 320507)
- Flickr authentication code has been unified in gthumb, removing duplicated code.
- In Rygel Andreas Henriksson added basic support for serving subtitles in Samsung custom DIDL-Lite and HTTP extensions . (GNOME bug 606305)
- The Totem Youtube plugin has been fixed to work again with latest youtube.com pages changes . (GNOME bug 614679)
- Tomas Bzatek changed the GTK+ file chooser so that it initializes search engines on demand . (GNOME bug 614971)
- Banshee for Meego saw another major panel UI overhaul, to reflect the latest Meego look and feel, and better organize some of the features.
- Ray Strode added support for relocatable .gnome2 directory to both gnome-games (GNOME bug 613634) and yelp (GNOME bug 614029), this is done via the GNOME22_USER_DIR environment variable.
- Joanmarie Diggs added to Orca support for the detection of mispelled words in OpenOffice.org . (GNOME bug 364772)
- libsoup has been updated with a fix for proxies that close the connection after returning a 407 error code (Proxy Authentication Required) on a CONNECT request.
- Florian Müllner added introspection support to gconf (GNOME bug 613247)
- Philip Withnall improved cancellation support in libgdata, it is now using libsoup message cancellation functionality, rather than checking for cancellation ourselves at arbitrary points during operations.
- GNOME Shell support for IM notifications has been moved to use Telepathy . (GNOME bug 608999)
December 27, 2009
This week… 1776 commits, in 177 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 279 were translation commits).
- This was hackfest week for Epiphany, WebKitGTK+ (and other related modules), go and read Xan Lopez and Gustavo Noronha summaries. Or read on for my particular pick…
- Benjamin Otte added support for favicons the the epiphany tabs-reloaded extension.
- Content-Encoding support landed in libsoup (GNOME bug 522772)
- Custom user-agent support has been added.
- There is a new info bar widget at the top of the web view, used to ask if credentials have to be saved.
- Maxim Ermilov added command and path completion to the Alt+F2 dialog of GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 597677)
- Also in GNOME Shell Colin Walters added an extension system, there is no UI yet, it will come later . (GNOME bug 599661)
- Johan Dahlin added a Makefile.introspection file to gobject-introspection, to be used by other projects, and modified pango and gtk+ to use it.
- After some discussion on nautilus-list and gnome-shell-list, Alexander Larsson changed Nautilus to use its browser mode by default.
- The GNOME Terminal preferences dialog got a new “unlimited scrollback” option (GNOME bug 599443).
- After a comment in last week digest edition, Paolo Bacchilega changed File Roller to use AES128 instead of AES256 as encryption type.
- Libgnomekbd got a new GkbdStatus widget implementing a status icon, Sergey V. Udaltsov wrote about it in kbd stuff going threezero.