June 17, 2012
This week… 1400 commits, in 146 projects, by 190 happy hackers (and 191 were translation commits).
- Jon Dowland updated sound-juicer to use musicbrainz 5 . (GNOME bug 676749)
- Jeffrey Stedfast fixed decoding of some RFC 2184 parameters in gmime.
- David Zeuthen updated gnome-disk-utility to show sample size and number of samples for benchmarks.
- Sergio Villar Senin fixed libsoup to not accept cookies for well known public domains . (GNOME bug 673802)
- Jeremy Whiting made libzeitgeist a hard dependency of folks . (GNOME bug 677428)
- Guillaume Desmottes landed a new roster view into Empathy.
- Christophe Fergeau added the possibility to disable SSL checks in librest . (GNOME bug 663786)
- In gnome control center Stef Walter implemented enterprise logins in add dialog . (GNOME bug 677548)
- Bastien Nocera changed gnome shell to always enable accessibility . (GNOME bug 678095)
- Eslam Mostafa updated gnome-clocks to respect the 12/24h global settings.
- In Meld Kai Willadsen added support for opening new tabs from D-Bus . (GNOME bug 616466)
- Cosimo Cecchi updated Nautilus to allow dropping of files to bookmarks . (GNOME bug 645353)
May 27, 2012
This week… 1469 commits, in 159 projects, by 206 happy hackers (and 241 were translation commits).
- Ray Strode ported alacarte to the latest GMenu and introspection . (GNOME bug 626220)
- In gjs Jasper St. Pierre added a debugger function to retrieve the refcount of a GObject.
- In gnome-settings-daemon Nicolas Dufresne changed the default touchpad deactivation to 1.0s . (GNOME bug 590783)
- Valek Filippov continued improving Cyrillic coverage of cantarell-fonts.
- Kjell Ahlstedt contibuted a –include-pointer command option to gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 594141)
- Marc-André Lureau changed gnome-boxes to always show the top bar when the mouse can be grabbed . (GNOME bug 676307)
- Marta Maria Casetti contributed various examples in Python to gnome-devel-docs.
- In gnome-themes-standard Cosimo Cecchi improved the theming support for OSD toolbars and buttons.
- Matthias Clasen changed the gnome-control-center user accounts panel to use libpwquality for password handling . (GNOME bug 676396)
- In Nautilus William Jon McCann added a way to create a new directory from a selection . (GNOME bug 676432)
- Florian Müllner added a generic –mode switch to gnome-shell, to be used by gdm, initial-setup, or others . (GNOME bug 676156)
- Michael Hill added the beginning of a new administrator guide into gnome-user-docs.
- Jonathan Matthew added a new podcast search infrastructure and podcast subscription dialog in Rhythmbox.
- Piotr Piastucki improved inline highlighting performances in Meld.
May 20, 2012
This week… 1593 commits, in 201 projects, by 233 happy hackers (and 319 were translation commits).
- In Pitivi Jean-François Fortin Tam merged the ges (GStreamer Editing Services) branch.
- Xan Lopez added support for Do Not Track into Epiphany.
- William Jon McCann redesigned gnome-control-center universal access panel for consistency and smallness . (GNOME bug 665588)
- Florian Müllner added a simple application menu to gucharmap . (GNOME bug 674952)
- Fabrice Bellet contributed a fix to Vino to use XFixes to provide the correct cursor image . (GNOME bug 492033)
- Sébastien Wilmet changed gtksourceview to use a GResource for the XML description of its completion UI . (GNOME bug 674643)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed brightness and contrast functionality to gnome-shell magnifier . (GNOME bug 639851)
- Debarshi Ray updated gnome-online-accounts to set the Accept-Language header, so the Facebook login page appears in the correct language.
- Danielle Madeley revamped empathy roster window menu, converting it into an application menu.
- Chenthill Palanisamy added the possibility to send mails through groupwise SOAP protocol to evolution-groupwise.
- David Zeuthen did various improvements to the gnome-disk-utility SMART dialog.
- In Evolution Milan Crha added year scrolling to the date picker . (GNOME bug 206484)
- Craig Keogh added support for a systemmodule tag to JHBuild . (GNOME bug 669554)
- Alexandre Prokoudine replaced various GIMP filters by GEGL operations.
May 13, 2012
This week… 1323 commits, in 145 projects, by 199 happy hackers (and 221 were translation commits).
- Florian Müllner added a minimal application menu to gnome-dictionary.
- Jakub Steiner incorporated redesigned glyphs by Valek Filippov into cantarell-fonts.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed read and write of rich-text graph titles to/from ODF (GNOME bug 675821)
- Steven Garcia added support for PHP in Dia code generation tool.
- Cosimo Cecchi added an application menu for the interactive window of gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 674947)
- The gnome-control-center gained an animated notebook, thanks to Bastien Nocera and gtk-clutter.
- In Empathy Xavier Claessens added a pointer to a fallback server for Windows Live Messenger accounts.
- Milan Crha made the subject field in Evolution composer window support spellchecking . (GNOME bug 200683)
- Tiffany Antopolski contributed comments to many of the vala examples in gnome-devel-docs.
- In gnome-boxes Zeeshan Ali improved the naming of new virtual machines . (GNOME bug 674328)
- In GTK+ Benjamin Otte reduced the complexity of the icon view sizing code, and redid its layouting.
- Richard Hughes changed gnome-packagekit to use a prettier, smaller, info panel.
- In gdm Ray Strode enabled smooth transition between plymouth and X . (GNOME bug 572173)
April 15, 2012
This week… 1915 commits, in 197 projects, by 195 happy hackers (and 447 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes changd gnome-color-manager to show the actual ICC profile after calibration if the user is using a LiveCD.
- Zeeshan Ali simplified a little bit the creation of VMs in gnome-boxes . (GNOME bug 672567)
- In cogl Robert Bragg reworked the SDL integration API to simplify the integration for application developers.
- Dan Winship fixed up TLS/SSL property interactions in libsoup . (GNOME bug 673678)
- Peter Hutterer modified the wacom gnome-control-center panel to update the UI if a new tool gets plugged in . (GNOME bug 672691)
- Jakub Steiner added cyrillic support to the cantarell fonts.
- Giovanni Campagna fixed a gnome-shell crash when NetworkManager restarted . (GNOME bug 673043)
- Bastien Nocera ported Totem grilo plugin to the 0.2 API.
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez added a setting to control whether the session is automatically restored . (GNOME bug 673453)
- Felix Riemann changed eog to avoid recompressing JPEGs as PNG when printing, this reduces the file size of the resulting PDF file pretty much to the source file size . (GNOME bug 394260)
- Matthias Clasen improved test coverage of various parts of glib.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified gthumb to show an emblem when a file is added to a selection.
February 19, 2012
This week… 2128 commits, in 175 projects, by 238 happy hackers (and 428 were translation commits).
- Andy Spencer added a Tile Map Service to Grits, a “virtual globe” library, that downloads tiles directly from openstreetmap.org.
- Christian Persch updated vte to use a GResource for its default termcap.
- Shaun McCance merged the new Mallard Conditional code into yelp-xsl.
- Alexander Larsson added a “Add to My Contacts” button to gnome-contacts.
- Lennart Poettering ported the automount support provided by gnome-shell from ConsoleKit to system-logind.
- In gnome-screenshot Cosimo Cecchi added support for the new Shell API that allows including the pointer.
- Sergio Villar Senin fixed several issues in libsoup cache support.
- Giovanni Campagna made use of the new configuration system in the alternate-tab and auto-move-windows gnome-shell extensions.
- Massimo Valentini ported the Gimp gfig plugin to use Cairo for its drawing operations (GNOME bug 642728).
- Richard Hughes added a new CcStrengthBar widget to gnome-control-center, to display a smaller and neater progress bar, to be used in the power and user-accounts panels.
- Johannes Schmid worked on a “Find in files” dialog for Anjuta document manager, giving it quite a lot of features.
- Chandni Verma work on having the Empathy debug window display all sources of message by default has finally been merged . (GNOME bug 592994)
January 22, 2012
This week… 1964 commits, in 174 projects, by 203 happy hackers (and 247 were translation commits).
- Maciej Piechotka added a ArrayQueue data structure to libgee.
- Patches from Christophe Fergeau to port sound-juicer to musicbrainz4 have landed at last.
- In Banshee Andrés Aragoneses split RockBox support co into its own class.
- Krzesimir Nowak changed rygel to append extensions to served files.
- Bastien Nocera added support for pairing the iCade into gnome-bluetooth.
- Shaun McCance improved Yelp by making Mallard documents auto-reload on changes.
- In Tomboy Aaron Borden fixed template syncing . (GNOME bug 665679)
- In gnome-contacts Alexander Larsson added support for changing the primary address book.
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to add devices based on what is supported by the OS; the information about device support comes from libosinfo . (GNOME bug 666739)
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to gnome-packagekit, to make it use systemd instead of ConsoleKit for rebooting . (GNOME bug 666788)
- Joseph Scheuhammer contributed a dialog for zoom options into the universal access control center panel . (GNOME bug 643086)
- David Zeuthen merged his udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility.
- In GLib Dan Winship added multicast-related functions to GSocket . (GNOME bug 626589)
- Alexia Death added axis labels to dynamics curves and curveview in Gimp.
- Patricia Santana Cruz added videos and picture sharing support, via nautilus-sendto, to Cheese . (GNOME bug 522210)
January 15, 2012
This week… 1971 commits, in 211 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- Owen Taylor correct memory management for singletons in gjs.
- In gparted Mike Fleetwood contributed resize support to nilfs2 . (GNOME bug 642842)
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to use floppy image only for Windows express install, switching to emulating a USB drive for other images . (GNOME bug 666956)
- Christian Persch reimplemented .svgz support into rsvg-view.
- Federico Mena Quintero merged his docking-stations branch into gnome-settings-daemon, this lets docking stations work better in the light of plugging external monitors.
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to the user accounts panel of gnome-control-center . (GNOME bug 666573)
- Milan Crha improved the performance of the addressbook cache of evolution-data-server . (GNOME bug 644817)
- In gnome-system-monitor Krishnan Parthasarathi contributed a new Process Properties dialog . (GNOME bug 543347)
- Shaun McCance updated mal2html conversion to reflow grid and 2column links on small screens.
- In Banshee Olivier Dufour added xesam:userRating field in track metadata . (GNOME bug 665997)
- Jean Bréfort fixed formula interpretation in plot series in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 662237)
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez made the visible name of the application always be ‘Web’ ;. (GNOME bug 666587)
- Rob Bradford added a basic implementation of GtkClipboard for Wayland into GTK+.
January 1, 2012
This week… 803 commits, in 123 projects, by 135 happy hackers (and 178 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a special diagnostic mode to Clutter, to be used to mark deprecated virtual functions and other run-time constructs.
- John Ralls pushed the conversion of gtk-mac-integration to the gobject-introspectable structure.
- In libchamplain Jiří Techet added a Python champlain-gtk demo with markers, thanks to Nicolas Évrard.
- Vivien Malerba improved the timestamp entry widget of libgda.
- Zeeshan Ali added a sound card device to VMs of gnome-boxes.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs had various event manager improvements.
- Murray Cumming improved the “Related Choices” Glom field to allow the user to specify a sort order.
- Sergey V. Udaltsov fixed rendering of the layout list in the “add layout” popup of gnome-control-center region panel.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported iagno from C to Vala.
- Dov Grobgeld introduced initial remote control of giv through jsonrpc.
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow fixed chinese number rendering.
- Morten Welinder updated gnumeric to handle unicode signs better.
- In glib Ravi Sankar Guntur fixed the handling of ‘\v’ (vertical tab) in g_strescape() and g_strcompress (). (GNOME bug 664830)
November 27, 2011
This week… 2089 commits, in 181 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 320 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes added a progress bar on the calibration action page of gnome-color-manager.
- Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions in goffice.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed the legacy magnification code from orca . (GNOME bug 664651)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen updated the ATA smart dialog.
- Erik Hartenian improved the Cantarell font, adding “extrema” to all glyphs, and making slight adjustments on a few letters.
- In the gnome-control-center wacom panel Bastien Nocera split out the tablet page, so it can be reused for separate tablet configurations.
- In seahorse Stef Walter added support for creating creating certificate requests as well as support for PKCS#11 key generation.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a “wrong password” dialog to Empathy, used for failing GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 661640)
- Milan Crha implemented fast-transfer for the address book backend of evolution-mapi.
- For gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi made a first version of GdTaggedEntry, a GtkEntry subclass to which tags can be added (and styled with CSS).
- Anthony Granger updated Cheese preferences dialog to be more netbook-friendly . (GNOME bug 663146)
- Jason Baron added cgroup support in the process view of gnome-system-monitor.
- John Stowers updated gnome-tweak-tool to support the new GNOME Shell 3.3.x DBus interface.