October 9, 2011
This week… 1979 commits, in 218 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 405 were translation commits).
- Carlos Garcia Campos added API docs and introspection support to libgxps.
- In gnome-keyring Stef Walter completed the PKCS#11 import dialog.
- The “margins” branch landed in Glade, it’s now posible to change widget margins using the mouse, thanks to Juan Pablo Ugarte.
- Jakub Steiner contributed a gorgeous icon for Boxes.
- Torsten Schönfeld added support for implementing interfaces and object vfuncs into perl-Glib-Object-Introspection.
- Debarshi Ray optimized note creation, renaming and deletion in gnote, updating the note tree instead of reconstructing it anew every time . (GNOME bug 660663)
- Christophe Dumez improved the bulk contact removal code in evolution-data-server addressbook component.
- Christian Schaller added an HTML5 preset to Transmageddon.
- Ming Han Teh contributed drag’n’drop support for adding wallpapers into the gnome-control-center background panel . (GNOME bug 655375)
- In GNOME Shell Matthias Clasen updated contact search to match on more fields, making it closer to the way it works in gnome-contacts . (GNOME bug 660580)
- Andreas J. Guelzow added some extra code to gnumeric xls import to fix border consistency in 1C generated files.
- Matthew Barnes used new GtkApplication features to trim off redundancies in Evolution EShell.
- Murray Cumming changed Glom to generated a standard print layout instead of an HTML file, when printing the details view.
August 28, 2011
This week… 2092 commits, in 192 projects, by 236 happy hackers (and 376 were translation commits).
- Jasper St. Pierre added a UI to the fail whale of gnome-session, for enabling and disabling Shell Extensions . (GNOME bug 656747)
- Philip Chimento migrated conglomerate away off deprecated GNOME libraries.
- Stef Walter added async initialization functions to gnome-keyring gck library.
- Dan Winship fixed handling of rehandshake requests in glib-networking.
- Richard Hughes contributed some initial documentation and figures for color management to gnome-user-docs.
- Aurimas Černius ported gnote to use gdbus.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first cut at implementing the source selector page in gnome-documents.
- Shaun McCance added a MallardFormatter class to gobject-introspection and an experimental extension for API references to yelp-xsl.
- Vivien Malerba greatly improved the code and documentation of the web provider part of libgda.
- Alex Anthony ported alacarte to GTK+ 3 and PyGI.
- A wacom control panel has been added to gnome-control-center by Peter Hutterer.
- Giovanni Campagna made an easier API for GNOME Shell extensions that want to add items to the system status area . (GNOME bug 653205)
- Adel Gadllah added a screenshot d-bus interface to GNOME Shell, to be used by tools like gnome-screenshot . (GNOME bug 652952)
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow made various improvements to the handling of fractions of π.
- Aaron Borden updated tomboy to allow renaming of template notes . (GNOME bug 509147).
- The gvfs AFP (Apple Filing Protocol) that is Carl-Anton Ingmarsson GSOC work has landed.
- Alexander Larsson added an avatar picker to gnome-contacts.
July 31, 2011
This week… 1611 commits, in 192 projects, by 234 happy hackers (and 211 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer added handling for some more transforms to the SVG import support of Dia.
- Alexandre Mazari changed Epiphany to use an external CSS file for widget styling.
- In gthumb Paolo Bacchilega added ability to import photos from a folder . (GNOME bug 452764)
- Pierre-Yves Luyten contributed Mallard documentation to gnote . (GNOME bug 620557)
- Cosimo Cecchi rewrote the PDF loader of GNOME Documents with an async/cancellable API.
- Philip Withnall added better APIs to handle image data in Folks . (GNOME bug 650414)
- The port of gjs to gdbus by Giovanni Campagna was commited.
- Marek Kasik added firewalld support to the printers panel of gnome-control-center, to make it open the firewall for required connections when searching for printers.
- Richard Hughes went to remove a lot of code from gnome-power-manager, as most things are now happening in the gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first iteration of a blue-based dark theme.
- Emilio Pozuelo Monfort made a serie of UI improvements to Empathy call window.
- Thomas Hindoe Paaboel Andersen ported the iagno game to gsettings.
- Rhythmbox got a new clutter-based visualizer plugin, by Jonathan Matthew.
July 10, 2011
This week… 2403 commits, in 164 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 278 were translation commits).
- For Giggle Sebastien Ponce implemented different ways to look at diffs: by hunks, by file or all at once.
- Toms Baugis made the first steps towards a gnome shell extension for Hamster.
- Stef Walter updated gnome-keyring to use p11-kit for module loading, messages, and URI parsing.
- Florian Müllner made it possible for a Mutter theme to use custom colors from the GTK+ theme.
- GNOME Shell was changed by Guillaume Desmottes to the number of unread messages in the notification icons.
- In Empathy Emilio Pozuelo Monfort flipped the video preview horizontally to match what is being done in other applications . (GNOME bug 639353)
- Richard Hughes moved power management functionalities into a new gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Øyvind Kolås added a performance tracking framework to Clutter.
- Rodrigo Moya added a System tab to the region system settings panel.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added an interface for conditional background formatting of Gnumeric cells.
- David Zeuthen added support for DeviceAutomountHint in gnome-disk-utility . (GNOME bug 653184)
June 19, 2011
This week… 2058 commits, in 165 projects, by 243 happy hackers (and 160 were translation commits).
- Vinicius Depizzol adapted the website footer to support selection of languages when available.
- Rodrigo Moya made the calendar backend of evolution-couchdb work with latest evolution-data-server.
- Luiz Armesto added appindicator support to billreminder.
- In gnome-utils GNOME Screenshot was updated to flash the area of the screen that is captured.
- Giovanni Campagna added support for converting JS Arrays to C arrays of any type, not just integers as before in gjs . (GNOME bug 646632)
- In gdm Ray Strode exported a library for being a greeter, this will make it easier for people to write external greeters.
- Alexander Larsson made gnome-contacts track phone status on IM presence.
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added accessible titles on notes in DocBook and Mallard . (GNOME bug 613267)
- Andreas J. Guelzow improved support for export to xslx in Gnumeric.
- Rodrigo Moya added a new ‘Formats’ tab in the region settings panel.
- Robert Nordan contributed the possibility of mass exporting to HTML of Tomboy notes . (GNOME bug 356871)
- In GTK+ Benjamin Otte implemented support for multiple border colors.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed magnification settings from Orca, as it’s now controlled by gnome-shell mag and the Universal Access tools . (GNOME bug 652241)
May 29, 2011
This week… 2017 commits, in 201 projects, by 256 happy hackers (and 249 were translation commits).
- In libxml2 Daniel Veillard added options to ignore the internal encoding of XML and HTML documents.
- Milan Crha ported evolution-couchdb to build with Evolution 3.
- Lucian Langa implemented the org.gnome.feed.Reader interface in evolution-rss, making it work with the feed subscription support from Epiphany.
- Eitan Isaacson added “scan” layout functionality to Caribou, he later wrote about it and other Caribou changes in Caribou Week Whatever.
- Eog was changed by Felix Riemann to use the result of librsvg parser to generate pixel data out of SVG files . (GNOME bug 642725)
- Marc Alcalà updated the Dock extension for gnome shell to allow for multiple positions on the screen . (GNOME bug 647394)
- Shaun McCance added a Mallard page status checker to yelp-tools.
- Øyvind Kolås added the start of a speaker screen to the pinpoint presentation tool.
- In frogr Mario Sanchez Prada added support for using the GNOME general proxy settings . (GNOME bug 644841)
- Richard Hughes updated the gnome-settings-daemon color plugin to watch the user directories for ICC files and (un)register them with colord.
- Libsoup got a workaround for broken apache Content-Encoding on .gz files . (GNOME bug 613361)
- The Epiphany location entry was updated to not change background colour for security state, relying on a visible symbolic lock icon when needed.
- Colin Walters added tracking changes in WM_CLASS to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 649315)
- Matthias Clasen implemented network sharing (aka ‘Hotspot’) into the network settings panel.
March 13, 2011
This week… 2634 commits, in 197 projects, by 272 happy hackers (and 670 were translation commits).
- Andrew McGrath added support for plain text exportation in ocrfeeder.
- Robert Ancell updated dconf-editor to show the key range in key descriptions.
- Based on a patch from Mark Starovoytov Dan Winship fixed libsoup to catch overflows when parsing very distant expiration dates in cookies . (GNOME bug 643462)
- John Stowers added a user-theme extension to the gnome-shell-extensions repository . (GNOME bug 644271)
- Ray Strode made it so that gdm runs the gnome-session acceleration helper script, to preload the GL stack and figure out ahead of time whether or not gnome shell can run on the system.
- Marek Kasik updated the printers plugin of gnome-settings-daemon to show notifications for selected printer state changes (things liek “tuner low”).
- Jakub Steiner worked on the Cantarell font, fixing all ~ accented glyphs . (GNOME bug 642396)
- Steve Frécinaux enabled Python support for eog plugins . (GNOME bug 639597)
- Martin Robinson made the serif font the default web font of Epiphany, to match the behaviour of other browsers . (GNOME bug 644523)
- GObject Introspection support as been added to libcheese by Luciana Fujii Pontello.
- Dan Winship changed gnome-shell to use the new libmutter-wm library, to build a real gnome-shell binary (GNOME bug 641724)
- Bastien Nocera added some code to reorder date widgets in the date/time panel, to be based on the locale’s date format, rather than only supporting the US-centric version . (GNOME bug 636896)
- And William Jon McCann ripped GNOME Screensaver of its theme and job support.