June 3, 2012
This week… 1236 commits, in 206 projects, by 193 happy hackers (and 270 were translation commits).
- Andy Spencer added a compass rose to the grits virtual globe library.
- Bastian Winkler contributed support for optional transformation functions to pygobject . (GNOME bug 676169)
- Rui Matos changed gnome-settings-daemon to apply XKB layouts by itself, and stop relying on libgnomekbd . (GNOME bug 676102)
- Giovanni Campagna modified gnome-shell to show notifications for failed VPN connections . (GNOME bug 676330)
- In glib Christian Persch added D-Bus register and unregister hooks to GApplication . (GNOME bug 675509)
- Jonathan Matthew fixed the –set-rating command of rhythmbox-client . (GNOME bug 677318)
- Paolo Bacchilega added an application menu to file-roller.
- Bastien Nocera added a new menu button widget to GTK+, as used in Totem and gnome-contacts . (GNOME bug 668013)
- Emmanuele Bassi added a new “stopped” signal to Clutter timeline object . (GNOME bug 676854)
March 18, 2012
This week… 2882 commits, in 225 projects, by 292 happy hackers (and 824 were translation commits).
- Øyvind Kolås added an API for managing palette based formats to babl.
- Jesse van den Kieboom moved the gedit-code-assistance backends to the peas based plugin system.
- Johan Dahlin added a PyGTK compatibility layer to pygobject, that module tries quite a bit harder to maintain compatibility with PyGTK, module names, enums, flags and some API . (GNOME bug 653462)
- In gnome-themes-standard Cosimo Cecchi added the infrastructure to create the High Contrast icon theme from the symbolic icons.
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to add a style class for orientation to menubar, this allows themeing to adjust styling for vertical panels . (GNOME bug 672070)
- Guillaume Desmottes added a new calendar button in Empathy . (GNOME bug 671981)
- In gnome-settings-daemon Bastien Nocera changed the behaviour of the logout key to call shutdown . (GNOME bug 671979)
- In gnome-terminal Christian Persch added handling of GDK_SCROLL_SMOOTH, for smooth scrolling.
- Debarshi Ray changed gnome-online-accounts to hide dialog buttons during the authorization step.
- Zeeshan Ali modified gnome-boxes wizard to only show ISO files in the file chooser . (GNOME bug 672160)
- In gnome-color-manager Richard Hughes provided a way for a program to find out if calibration is enabled . (GNOME bug 672028)
- Bertrand Lorentz implemented SSL certificate validation in Banshee . (GNOME bug 671536)
March 11, 2012
This week… 2499 commits, in 192 projects, by 263 happy hackers (and 793 were translation commits).
- Jean Bréfort added gobject introspection support to goffice . (GNOME bug 670161)
- Morten Welinder improved the Excel export support in gnumeric in various ways.
- Giovanni Campagna ported libgweather to GSettings . (GNOME bug 646854)
- In empathy Guillaume Desmottes added some sanity cleaning process to fix XMPP accounts priority . (GNOME bug 671452)
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to get the panel separators sized by CSS styling . (GNOME bug 671329)
- Bertrand Lorentz updated banshee to handle UPnP device removal.
- The port of swell-foop to Vala that Sophia Yu worked on landed in gnome-games.
- Alejandro Piñeiro got various fixes to accessibility support commited into gnome-shell.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon wacom plugin so that the LED changes depending on the mode of operation . (GNOME bug 670905)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew made magnatune download accounts work again.
- Ryan Lortie updated dconf engine to allow multiple user databases . (GNOME bug 662438)
- The history rewrite branch of Epiphany landed, thanks to Xan Lopez, Martin Robinson, and Claudio Saavedra.
January 15, 2012
This week… 1971 commits, in 211 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- Owen Taylor correct memory management for singletons in gjs.
- In gparted Mike Fleetwood contributed resize support to nilfs2 . (GNOME bug 642842)
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to use floppy image only for Windows express install, switching to emulating a USB drive for other images . (GNOME bug 666956)
- Christian Persch reimplemented .svgz support into rsvg-view.
- Federico Mena Quintero merged his docking-stations branch into gnome-settings-daemon, this lets docking stations work better in the light of plugging external monitors.
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to the user accounts panel of gnome-control-center . (GNOME bug 666573)
- Milan Crha improved the performance of the addressbook cache of evolution-data-server . (GNOME bug 644817)
- In gnome-system-monitor Krishnan Parthasarathi contributed a new Process Properties dialog . (GNOME bug 543347)
- Shaun McCance updated mal2html conversion to reflow grid and 2column links on small screens.
- In Banshee Olivier Dufour added xesam:userRating field in track metadata . (GNOME bug 665997)
- Jean Bréfort fixed formula interpretation in plot series in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 662237)
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez made the visible name of the application always be ‘Web’ ;. (GNOME bug 666587)
- Rob Bradford added a basic implementation of GtkClipboard for Wayland into GTK+.
December 18, 2011
This week… 1782 commits, in 171 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 189 were translation commits).
- Philip Chimento converted Devhelp from IgeMacIntegration to GtkOSXApplication, a change necessary to build on 64-bit Macs . (GNOME bug 663789)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew used some special cow powers to made password prompts work properly . (GNOME bug 666338)
- In gnome-themes-standard Lapo Calamandrei continued working on unfocused window appearance, styling radio, checks, sliders, progressbars and scrollbars.
- Juan A. Suarez Romero updated the shoutcast plugin in grilo-plugins to the SHOUTCast 2.0 API.
- Zeeshan Ali added some UI to gnome-boxes for specifying product key (Windows XP & 2003 ). (GNOME bug 666030)
- Alexander Larsson added support for unlinking contacts to gnome-contacts.
- Jakub Steiner updated gnome-color-manager colorimeter artwork.
- Alex Murray added automatic dimming / toggling to keyboard backlight to gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Work on the Firebird provider, by Faghmie Davids, was pushed into libgda.
- In Evince Cyril Soldani added an option to show odd pages on the left in dual mode.
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed LaTeX export of cyrillic in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 666340)
- In Rygel Jens Georg added hacks for XBMC to recognize DLNA mime-types as AAC for AAC files.
- Robert Roth contributed to gnome-system-monitor a patch to summarize the processor cores to be able to display sysinfo for multi-core systems with more than 13 cores . (GNOME bug 664926)
- Christian Persch added a lock button the the drwright break window . (GNOME bug 128381)
December 11, 2011
This week… 1703 commits, in 159 projects, by 210 happy hackers (and 183 were translation commits).
- Steven Carr introduced support for the VNC audio tunnel extension to gtk-vnc.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon to use libwacom to get tablets metadata.
- A new “Change Passphrase” dialog was added to gnome-disk-utility by David Zeuthen.
- Lapo Calamandrei did work on the unfocused windows appearance in gnome-themes-standard.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a RSS feed to the extensions.gnome.org website.
- Various client side wayland support updates by Robert Bragg made their way into cogl.
- Paolo Bacchilega modified gthumb “edit metadata” dialog to allow saving the metadata without closing the dialog.
- In gnome-boxes Zeeshan Ali made various improvements to the express installation of Fedora and Windows VM . (GNOME bug 665803)
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs began work on label inference (aka “label guess”) functionality for WebKitGtk content.
- Zan Dobersek contributed a fix to gnome-shell to make sure the window labels are visible at all times . (GNOME bug 644861)
- GMenu* support has landed into GLib.
- In GTK+ Cosimo Cecchi ported GtkStatusIcon to use GtkIconHelper . (GNOME bug 665409)
December 4, 2011
This week… 2239 commits, in 150 projects, by 214 happy hackers (and 137 were translation commits).
- Heinrich Müller added flagging of individual articles in Pan . (GNOME bug 651307)
- Mario Sanchez Prada replaced the adblock epiphany extension by a port of Midori adblocker, which is compatible with the EasyList subscriptions for “AdBlock Plus” ;. (GNOME bug 660154)
- Dan Winship added server-side session cache support to glib-networking gnutls backend . (GNOME bug 636574)
- Colin Walters updated gnome-settings-daemon to monitor for gnome-shell presence, and update the Gtk/ShellShowsAppMenu property accordingly.
- Vibha Yadav contributed support for delegation in evolution-ews . (GNOME bug 656376)
- In gnome-screensaver Antoine Jacoutot implemented OpenBSD authentication using bsd_auth (instead of PAM ). (GNOME bug 651554)
- Seif Lotfy added a new dashboard plugin to gedit, it displays a grid of recently/most used files upon opening a new tab . (GNOME bug 663466)
- Tom Tryfonidis contributed a redesign of the about: pages of Epiphany . (GNOME bug 665136)
- Alan Knowles added an (experimental) xorg extension to seed.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs added support for speech presentation of embedded object characters in WebKitGtk content.
- Milan Crha added “Listen for server notifications” option to mail, address book, and calendar parts of evolution-mapi.
- Rob Bradford added a first version of a “baremetal” backend for EGL on KMS to cogl.
- Takeshi Kurosawa contributed support for basic vertical writing to librsvg . (GNOME bug 664533)
September 11, 2011
This week… 2865 commits, in 205 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 896 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer updated dia so that plugins can now deliver change information for the undo mechanism.
- Emmanuele Bassi made the json-glib reader perform a stricter validation of data . (GNOME bug 658632)
- Rhythmbox got a new grilo plugin, to replace the coherence and jamendo plugins, by Jonathan Matthew.
- Dieter Verfaillie made a serie of fixes for the Microsoft Windows port of gobject-introspection.
- Lapo Calamandrei pushed a set of refreshed icons for Cheese . (GNOME bug 646770)
- Christian Persch fixed librsvg to store node type separately in RsvgNode, as the previous code could lead to a (potentially exploitable) crash . (GNOME bug 658014)
- Guido Günther turned the control center panel of krb5-auth-dialog into a standalone preferences window . (GNOME bug 657292)
- Matthias Clasen changed Mutter to not show a title on its alert dialogs.
- David Zeuthen updated his udisks2 branch of gnome-disk-utility to show disk names in red if its SMART status indicates that it’s failing.
- Jean Bréfort made goffice sheet widgets scalable . (GNOME bug 605434)
- Milan Crha updated evolution-data-server to read proxy settings from GSettings . (GNOME bug 655728)
- In Nemiver Dodji Seketeli added support for multiple breakpoints . (GNOME bug 658143)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented listening to create/delete events from the tracker DB to refresh gnome-documents view.
- GNOME Shell got new APIs to add and remove search providers, contributed by Philippe Normand . (GNOME bug 658113)
- Vincent Untz added NTP support for SUSE variants to the datetime gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 654970)
- Jim Campbell refactored the web and net sections of gnome-user-docs,combining the different pages under the net section.
- In glib Ryan Lortie improved support for alternative digits (such as Arabic numerals) in date/time formatting . (GNOME bug 658107)
- Alexander Larsson added support for contact unlinking in gnome-contacts.
- Bruno Coudoin added new animals to the erase activity of gcompris; they were taken from pictures of the Antarctic trip of Adrien Grellier and Claire Gégout.
- And keeping the subject on animals, Xavier Claessens added two new (whale and babywhale) commands to Empathy.
August 21, 2011
This week… 2080 commits, in 168 projects, by 244 happy hackers (and 325 were translation commits).
- Stef Walter refactored the asynchronous operation code in seahorse.
- Carlos Martín Nieto changed blam to use the db4o database engine for storage.
- Torsten Schönfeld made major improvements to the introspection support in Perl.
- A new chat input style, with smaller meta messages, has been pushed into gnome-shell by Allan Day.
- GNOME Contacts got an initial, and crude, dialog for linking contacts.
- Jiří Techet made the zoom animation in libchamplain configurable.
- The Aunt Mary game has been added back to Aisleriot by Christian Persch . (GNOME bug 325039)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated the search popup of gedit to use CSS for styling.
- Shaun McCance speeded up urlencode calls in cache generation in yelp-xsl.
- Rodrigo Moya migrated the smartcard gnome-settings-daemon plugin from dbus-glib to gdbus.
- John Stowers added per-document preferences to gedit-latex.
- The new log window of Empathy got landed by Danielle Madeley.
- Matthew Barnes added a “security-method” property to evolution port entry.
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added support for the HPFILTER, a function calculating the Hodrick Prescott Filter.
- The new font chooser dialog, developed by Alberto Ruiz, was merged into GTK+.