March 11, 2012
This week… 2499 commits, in 192 projects, by 263 happy hackers (and 793 were translation commits).
- Jean Bréfort added gobject introspection support to goffice . (GNOME bug 670161)
- Morten Welinder improved the Excel export support in gnumeric in various ways.
- Giovanni Campagna ported libgweather to GSettings . (GNOME bug 646854)
- In empathy Guillaume Desmottes added some sanity cleaning process to fix XMPP accounts priority . (GNOME bug 671452)
- Peter Hurley contributed to gnome-panel to get the panel separators sized by CSS styling . (GNOME bug 671329)
- Bertrand Lorentz updated banshee to handle UPnP device removal.
- The port of swell-foop to Vala that Sophia Yu worked on landed in gnome-games.
- Alejandro Piñeiro got various fixes to accessibility support commited into gnome-shell.
- Bastien Nocera updated gnome-settings-daemon wacom plugin so that the LED changes depending on the mode of operation . (GNOME bug 670905)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew made magnatune download accounts work again.
- Ryan Lortie updated dconf engine to allow multiple user databases . (GNOME bug 662438)
- The history rewrite branch of Epiphany landed, thanks to Xan Lopez, Martin Robinson, and Claudio Saavedra.
February 26, 2012
This week… 2629 commits, in 250 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 564 were translation commits).
- The new call support in Empathy has been made default, the old “empathy-av” has been removed.
- György Balló contributed a port of gnome-blog from gnome-vfs to gio . (GNOME bug 612630)
- Hubert Figuière added support for date properties to Niepce.
- Lukasz Pawlik fixed the handling of byte range requests in gupnp . (GNOME bug 670518)
- In gnome-shell Florian Müllner added support for external asynchronous search providers . (GNOME bug 663125)
- And gnome-documents got a D-Bus service implementing that gnome-shell external search API . (GNOME bug 662453)
- Marc Deslauriers fixed gnome-screensaver to properly turn off capslock warning when the key is released . (GNOME bug 669769)
- Richard Hughes updated gnome-color-manager to correctly restore the calibration status panel after asking the user a question.
- In file-roller Paolo Bacchilega added an overwrite confirmation dialog when extracting files with drag&drop . (GNOME bug 590609)
- Bastien Nocera added support for AMZ AmazonMP3 download files to totem-pl-parser . (GNOME bug 668686)
- Tiffany Antopolski, Susanna Huhtanen, Phil Bull and others at the documentation hackfest contributed many updates to the gnome-devel-docs tutorials.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell updated both quadrapessel and lightsoff to use GMenu.
- In anjuta Marco Diego Aurélio Mesquita contributed the automatic addition of callbacks when user double-clicks a signal in the glade signal editor . (GNOME bug 670149)
- Ignacio Casal Quinteiro updated gedit to use GResource.
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the edition of decimals in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 670558)
February 5, 2012
This week… 1611 commits, in 183 projects, by 205 happy hackers (and 216 were translation commits).
- In gnome-themes-standard Lapo Calamandrei started using PNGs as assets where possible, instead of SVG files.
- Many introspection improvements landed in gjs (support for interfaces, signals, glib properties…), Jasper St. Pierre blogged about GJS Improvements.
- Matthias Clasen added a systemd implementation of the session tracking part of gnome-session . (GNOME bug 666891)
- David King added an horizontal flip effect to gnome-video-effects . (GNOME bug 666930)
- Jasper St. Pierre added back a “popularity” field to extensions.gnome.org.
- Empathy was updated by Will Thompson to present confirmation dialogs when closing windows containing chat rooms . (GNOME bug 591756)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed rich text import from xslx files . (GNOME bug 669083)
- Faghmie Davids contributed many improvements to the Firebird provider of libgda.
- In gnome-shell Owen Taylor improved the default screencast pipeline, decreasing the quality setting for the vp8 codec from 10 to 8, and increasing the speed setting from 2 to 6 . (GNOME bug 669066)
- Stefano Palazzo contributed a Python 3 language file for gtksourceview . (GNOME bug 668136)
- Alexander Larsson updated gnome-contacts to use a dialog for avatar changing.
- Patricia Santana Cruz changed cheese to use PackageKit to install nautilus-sendto when needed; she wrote about this: PackageKit in Cheese . (GNOME bug 668072)
- Damien Sandras reimplemented call control functions into the new Ekiga call window.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported uadrapassel from C++ to Vala.
- Claudio Saavedra updated eog to hide the titlebar when maximized . (GNOME bug 668652)
- In gedit Jesse van den Kieboom added an option to ensure that documents always end with a trailing newline.
January 15, 2012
This week… 1971 commits, in 211 projects, by 183 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- Owen Taylor correct memory management for singletons in gjs.
- In gparted Mike Fleetwood contributed resize support to nilfs2 . (GNOME bug 642842)
- Zeeshan Ali changed gnome-boxes to use floppy image only for Windows express install, switching to emulating a USB drive for other images . (GNOME bug 666956)
- Christian Persch reimplemented .svgz support into rsvg-view.
- Federico Mena Quintero merged his docking-stations branch into gnome-settings-daemon, this lets docking stations work better in the light of plugging external monitors.
- Matthias Clasen added optional systemd support to the user accounts panel of gnome-control-center . (GNOME bug 666573)
- Milan Crha improved the performance of the addressbook cache of evolution-data-server . (GNOME bug 644817)
- In gnome-system-monitor Krishnan Parthasarathi contributed a new Process Properties dialog . (GNOME bug 543347)
- Shaun McCance updated mal2html conversion to reflow grid and 2column links on small screens.
- In Banshee Olivier Dufour added xesam:userRating field in track metadata . (GNOME bug 665997)
- Jean Bréfort fixed formula interpretation in plot series in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 662237)
- In Epiphany Xan Lopez made the visible name of the application always be ‘Web’ ;. (GNOME bug 666587)
- Rob Bradford added a basic implementation of GtkClipboard for Wayland into GTK+.
January 1, 2012
This week… 803 commits, in 123 projects, by 135 happy hackers (and 178 were translation commits).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a special diagnostic mode to Clutter, to be used to mark deprecated virtual functions and other run-time constructs.
- John Ralls pushed the conversion of gtk-mac-integration to the gobject-introspectable structure.
- In libchamplain Jiří Techet added a Python champlain-gtk demo with markers, thanks to Nicolas Évrard.
- Vivien Malerba improved the timestamp entry widget of libgda.
- Zeeshan Ali added a sound card device to VMs of gnome-boxes.
- In Orca Joanmarie Diggs had various event manager improvements.
- Murray Cumming improved the “Related Choices” Glom field to allow the user to specify a sort order.
- Sergey V. Udaltsov fixed rendering of the layout list in the “add layout” popup of gnome-control-center region panel.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported iagno from C to Vala.
- Dov Grobgeld introduced initial remote control of giv through jsonrpc.
- In goffice Andreas J. Guelzow fixed chinese number rendering.
- Morten Welinder updated gnumeric to handle unicode signs better.
- In glib Ravi Sankar Guntur fixed the handling of ‘\v’ (vertical tab) in g_strescape() and g_strcompress (). (GNOME bug 664830)
December 18, 2011
This week… 1782 commits, in 171 projects, by 230 happy hackers (and 189 were translation commits).
- Philip Chimento converted Devhelp from IgeMacIntegration to GtkOSXApplication, a change necessary to build on 64-bit Macs . (GNOME bug 663789)
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew used some special cow powers to made password prompts work properly . (GNOME bug 666338)
- In gnome-themes-standard Lapo Calamandrei continued working on unfocused window appearance, styling radio, checks, sliders, progressbars and scrollbars.
- Juan A. Suarez Romero updated the shoutcast plugin in grilo-plugins to the SHOUTCast 2.0 API.
- Zeeshan Ali added some UI to gnome-boxes for specifying product key (Windows XP & 2003 ). (GNOME bug 666030)
- Alexander Larsson added support for unlinking contacts to gnome-contacts.
- Jakub Steiner updated gnome-color-manager colorimeter artwork.
- Alex Murray added automatic dimming / toggling to keyboard backlight to gnome-settings-daemon power plugin.
- Work on the Firebird provider, by Faghmie Davids, was pushed into libgda.
- In Evince Cyril Soldani added an option to show odd pages on the left in dual mode.
- Andreas J. Guelzow fixed LaTeX export of cyrillic in Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 666340)
- In Rygel Jens Georg added hacks for XBMC to recognize DLNA mime-types as AAC for AAC files.
- Robert Roth contributed to gnome-system-monitor a patch to summarize the processor cores to be able to display sysinfo for multi-core systems with more than 13 cores . (GNOME bug 664926)
- Christian Persch added a lock button the the drwright break window . (GNOME bug 128381)
November 13, 2011
This week… 1767 commits, in 177 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 201 were translation commits).
- Aurimas Černius added an option for displaying the gnote status icon in its preferences dialog . (GNOME bug 663817)
- Hubert Figuière is back hacking on niepce and added support for flagging pictures, as well as importing flags from XMP files.
- Florian Müllner ported mutter preferences from gconf to GSettings . (GNOME bug 635378)
- In the udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made a first stab at a “Create Partition” dialog.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on HW accelerated element landed in clutter-gst.
- Marc-André Lureau enabled audio support for spice machines in gnome-boxes.
- In Empathy Danielle Madeley made the GNOME Online Accounts optional again . (GNOME bug 663442)
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added new about footers for both docbook and mallard documents.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the rendering of outline levels in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 663663)
- In libgda Vivien Malerba made GdaHolder thread safe, and implemented the GdaLockable interface.
- Frank Ziegler contributed configurable browser filters to Banshee.
- Michael Meeks added some initial support for V7+ websockets to the broadway GTK+ backend.
November 6, 2011
This week… 1522 commits, in 143 projects, by 202 happy hackers (and 179 were translation commits).
- Dan Winship added API to handle redirections in libsoup.
- Chris Kühl modified gnome-system-monitor to include the process name in the end and kill process dialogs . (GNOME bug 560162)
- Will Thompson changed pinpoint to inhibit screensaver while fullscreened.
- In seahorse Stef Walter implemented locking and unlocking of tokens.
- Zeeshan Ali added basic support for creating a VM to gnome-boxes.
- In cogl Robert Bragg started reducing the dependency to glib.
- David Zeuthen changed gnome-disk-utility to default to formatting removable media as NTFS, noting that ideally we’d have a good filesystem for removable media but that’s not the way things work right now.
- Ekaterina Gerasimova rewrote the gnome-system-log help in Mallard . (GNOME bug 658455)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved text and hyperlinks import/export from and to ODF . (GNOME bug 663135 and GNOME bug 603533)
- In gparted Curtis Gedak fixed the display of ext2/3/4 and NTFS unicode volume labels . (GNOME bug 662537)
- Jean Bréfort added some optional support for EPS images into libgoffice.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first implementation of a search dropdown filter in gnome-documents.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew reworked the search UI and added a source toolbar.
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a serie of tools to manipulate xps files into libgxps.
- Jasper St. Pierre added tab-completion to gnome-shell looking glass . (GNOME bug 661054)
- Patricia Santana Cruz added camera hotplug support to the preferences dialog of Cheese . (GNOME bug 603612)
October 30, 2011
This week… 1840 commits, in 177 projects, by 198 happy hackers (and 254 were translation commits).
- In gtk-osx John Ralls created a separate build chain for gtk3.
- In libgdata Philip Withnall added support for the “file as” property of contacts, specifying their sort order if they have non-Western-style names or names which are otherwise incorrectly sorted in the contact list . (GNOME bug 661033)
- Marc-André Lureau added vapi bindings generation to gtk-vnc . (GNOME bug 662708)
- He then used it to add support for VNC displays into gnome-boxes.
- Dov Grobgeld added support for pixel grid to the giv image viewer.
- Damien Lespiau changed pinpoint to render the speaker notes in a separate page.
- Jasper St. Pierre added a simple view to query for extensions on extensions.gnome.org.
- Jason Siefken added prettier drawing operations and CSS colors to the system monitor gnome-shell extension.
- David King replaced the glom progress dialog with an infobar . (GNOME bug 661051)
- Marta Bogdanowicz started rewriting file-roller documentation in Mallard.
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for SVG images, using librsvg.
- Robert Ancell made a port of the mahjongg game from C to Vala.
- Cosimo Cecchi had a first pass at implementing a “selection” mode for gnome-documents.
- Paolo Bacchilega refactored the code of the image viewer widget of gthumb.
- Milan Crha made initial preparations for a Fast Transfer implementation in evolution-mapi.
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow fixed the zooming on text superscripts and subscripts . (GNOME bug 425685)
October 23, 2011
This week… 2348 commits, in 213 projects, by 251 happy hackers (and 434 were translation commits).
- Damien Lespiau updated pinpoint to support 3gp files as video files.
- In gparted Curtis Gedak added detection of exfat file systems (GNOME bug 639760) and the ability to resize btrfs file systems (GNOME bug 661715).
- Marc-André Lureau started implemented the assistant pages to create machines in gnome-boxes.
- Dan Winship fixed SoupMessage https status information to be set more reliably.
- Now that GTK+ supports it, Cosimo Cecchi enabled transparency and rounded corners of tooltips in gnome-themes-standard.
- Morten Welinder added a new resource manager into goffice.
- In gnome-screensaver Martin Schmölzer fixed background scaling on multi-monitor setups . (GNOME bug 648193)
- Philip Withnall added support for caching vCard parameters for contacts in folks telepathy backend.
- Zeeshan Ali refactored rygel to more easily support client hacks, and added some for Panasonic TV.
- Vincent Untz changed gnome-session to use whitelist/blacklist regexps when evaluating the active renderer . (GNOME bug 644325)
- In yelp Shaun McCance added a share button to send a link to a help page.
- Florian Müllner added context menus (with copy/paste actions) to some entries of gnome-shell . (GNOME bug 659275)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added optional markers to indicate that cell content has been truncated . (GNOME bug 662149)
- David King changed cheese to prefer the dark GTK+ theme variant . (GNOME bug 660628)