December 5, 2010
This week… 2430 commits, in 174 projects, by 220 happy hackers (and 194 were translation commits).
- Totem has been updated to hide its slider when streaming, to avoid people getting confused by the slider getting stuck in one location . (GNOME bug 549691)
- Dots (an interactive braille transcribing application) got support for Microsoft Word files.
- Robert Ancell made gnobots2 and gnomine from gnome-games work with GTK+3 and Cairo.
- Ray Strode added a new “maximized” tile to mutter, it allows the user to maximize their windows (in other words, tile with the edge panels) by dragging their window to the top edge of the monitor . (GNOME bug 630548)
- Paolo Borelli added support for gunichar to pygobject . (GNOME bug 623615)
- Francisco Rojas patched postr to throw an error if an image disappears during the upload process . (GNOME bug 537554)
- The overview relayout branch landed in GNOME Shell, as noted by Florian Müllner in a quick notice.
- Aleksander Morgado ported devhelp to the new new GApplication API.
- Evolution-data-server was changed to set CalDAV calendars read-only when the server is unreachable . (GNOME bug 530205)
- Paolo Bacchilega added a D-Bus service to file-roller to create and extract archives.
- Cosimo Cecchi ported the control center media panel to use the new GtkAppChooserButton.
- The Board got a simple mechanism to export object via HTTP.
- In gnome-session Vincent Untz moved the definition of a session from gconf to .desktop-like files.
- Nate Stedman started a new text system for ease, to provide a more featured replacement of ClutterText.
- The gtk-style-context branch of GTK+ landed, Carlos Garnacho uploaded some documentation, thmingTheming in GTK+, and Migrating from GtkStyle to GtkStyleContext.
- And thanks to the doc dev tools hackfest, demos and tutorials were commited to gnome-devel-docs, improved Mallard support landed in library-web, and the week ended with some mysterious content landing in the web-devel-2 module…
October 17, 2010
This week… 1906 commits, in 198 projects, by 218 happy hackers (and 330 were translation commits).
- Once again this week many modules are being ported to GTK+ 3, a notable exemple is the port of the Murrine GTK+ Engine.
- Jon McCann dropped support for non-PAM authentication methods from gnome-screensaver.
- A new GApplication implementation by Ryan Lortie landed in glib.
- John Palmieri added compatibility functions for the deprecated PyCObject API to pygobject, also updating it to use the new PyCapsule PAI for Python versions above 3 . (GNOME bug 630844)
- Jonh Wendell made the Avahi browser in Vinagre work with its new plugin system.
- Vitaly Minko updated Empathy to divide spelling suggestions in one sub-menu per language . (GNOME bug 532832)
- Many parts of gnome-settings-daemon and gnome-control-center have been migrated to use GSettings.
- Robin Sonefors added a GUI for unit conversions to gcalctool . (GNOME bug 539830)
- Dodji Seketeli made it possible to start remote debugging in Nemiver from the command line, it is no longer necessary to fill necessary parameters in the GUI . (GNOME bug 624630)
- The colour temperature has been added to the profile viewer details of gnome-color-manager.
- Jonathan Matthew added children to the podcast rhythmbox item, to have access to both new episodes and recent downloads.
- David Zeuthen started implementing the Date and Time GNOME Shell mockups, in the datetime branch.
- And Christian Dywan added a GtkComboBoxText class to GTK+, subclassing GtkComboBox and replaceing the old gtk_combo_box_*_text() convenience API . (GNOME bug 612396)
April 18, 2010
This week… 2112 commits, in 216 projects, by 243 happy hackers (and 431 were translation commits).
- The Hamster project got separated in client and d-bus service, and got a command line client (GNOME bug 602642).
- Behdad Esfahbod pushed a gnome-terminal branch with a find dialog to highlight search terms . (GNOME bug 78963).
- Much work happened in the asm-support branch of nemiver.
- This was the week of the gsettings hackfest, many changes landed in both glib and gconf modules, you should read the day 1 summary by Vincent Untz and overall summary by Matthias Clasen.
- During that hackfest baobab (in gnome-utils) has also been ported to gsettings, with explanative commit messages, and the devhelp branch has been updated for the API changes.
- There was also a GNOME Python hackfest and much work happened in pygobject and pygi, go read posts written by John Palmieri: day 0, day 1, day 2, and wrapup.
- Tadej Borovšak ported sound juicer to GtkBuilder, this was the last module using libglade, yeah.
- Torsten Schönfeld started adding GIO support to the Perl binding, via gobject-introspection.
- Support for application-indicators/StatusNotifierIcon has been added to the typing break applet in gnome-control-center (GNOME bug 606671)
- Evolution got a new foocanvas branch, getting rid of libgnomecanvas.
- A new SSH Hosts plugin written by Fabian Carlström has been added to kupfer.
- Joanmarie Diggs added improved support for Empathy in orca . (GNOME bug 589925)
January 3, 2010
This week… 1259 commits, in 144 projects, by 148 happy hackers (and 191 were translation commits).
- Empathy will now display the protocol icon in a corner of the status icon of the contacts . (GNOME bug 603877)
- Kupfer got support for Triggers, Ulrik Sverdrup explains it in detail in his appropriately named Kupfer gains Triggers post.
- Debarshi Ray (who took over maintenance of gnote) added a “note of the day” addin . (GNOME bug 590589)
- Gian Mario Tagliaretti wrapped many GSocket and GResolver functions for pygobjet.
- Epiphany was fixed so that notifification of completed downloads doesn’t rely anymore on the presence of the status icon . (GNOME bug 604599)
- The mixed state of toggle buttons has been changed to be drawn half in the normal and the other half in the pressed state . (GNOME bug 502165)
- Jesse van den Kieboom improved menu integration of gedit on Mac OS X; this now uses the latest updates done on the ige-mac-integration library, with additional patches.
- Josh Tripplet added support for XTerm bracketed paste mode to VTE, this allows programs to distinguish pasted text from typed text. For example vim could automatically use paste mode for pastes, avoiding unwanted duplicate indentation or formatting . (GNOME bug 605299)
- Sebastien Granjoux added a new project backend to Anjuta, to open a directory as a project.
- Cody Russel added a GtkOffscreenWindow implementation, to make it much easier to take an arbitrary widget and render it to an offscreen buffer without having it displayed anywhere onscreen . (GNOME bug 604901)
November 15, 2009
This week… 1612 commits, in 180 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 293 were translation commits).
- Banshee was migrated to the Last.fm 2.0 API . (GNOME bug 541227)
- A general search feature has been added to Rygel, including Tracker.
- The GtkNotebook widget got an “action area”, to be used for things like having a single close tab button to the right of all tabs. Johannes Schmid wrote about it in his weblog: GtkNotebook action widgets . (GNOME bug 116650)
- Totem gained an on-screen display when in fullscreen mode, Bastien Nocero announced it in A little OSD . (GNOME bug 600985)
- Simon van der Linden added the possibility to import wrappers from pygi to pygobject.
- The GNOME Shell got presence items added to the status menu . (GNOME bug 601458)
- Behdad Esfahbod reverted a commit to vte, as not clearing the alternate screen caused issues with less.
- Basic Mac OS X integration (menu, dock, bundle) has been pushed to gedit.
- Empathy was fixed to ask for password when joining a protected room (GNOME bug 579341)
- The View Properties dialog of Gnumeric was converted to be instant-apply.
- William Walker added provisional support for GNOME Shell magnifier service to Orca.
August 17, 2009
This week… 2799 commits, in 207 projects, by 314 happy hackers (and 707 were translation commits).
- Nautilus has been changed to inhibit gnome-power-manager when copying files (GNOME bug 334806).
- Simon van der Linden landed much of his summer of code work on pybank (using gobject-introspection to create dynamic Python bindings to gobject libraries) in the gsco2009 branch.
- GConf has removed its libgnome dependency (which was casued by a test client ) (GNOME bug 586435), and was ported to the PolicyKit 1.0 API (GNOME bug 585303).
- Benjamin Otte ported byzanz (screencast tool) from gnome-vfs to gio, and from gdk to cairo.
- Thanks to a change in libgweather it is now possible to add an UTC time entry to the clock applet . (GNOME bug 541145)
- Jean Bréfort added a new cairo-based canvas to goffice, to be used in Gnumeric, to replace foocanvas.
- Every little part of gnome-panel has been ported to GtkBuilder.
- The gvfs gphoto2 backend and monitor were ported to gudev.
- Most of the C++ bindings were transitioned to a new build infrastructure, using the new mm-common module.
- In Yelp Shaun McCance added the possibility for ghelp: URIs to reference Mallard documents.
- And an all-new Mallard documentation, mostly written by Milo Casagrande and Phil Bull, has been merged into Empathy.
- Dan Winship ported SoupAddress to use GResolver, new in the latest GLib.
- Finally Matthew Barnes added support for “Fifth Sunday *of the month*” to Evolution (in his kill-bonobo branch) (and it also works for other weekdays !) (GNOME bug 328361).