November 27, 2011
This week… 2089 commits, in 181 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 320 were translation commits).
- Richard Hughes added a progress bar on the calibration action page of gnome-color-manager.
- Morten Welinder improved the precision of range functions in goffice.
- Joanmarie Diggs removed the legacy magnification code from orca . (GNOME bug 664651)
- In gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen updated the ATA smart dialog.
- Erik Hartenian improved the Cantarell font, adding “extrema” to all glyphs, and making slight adjustments on a few letters.
- In the gnome-control-center wacom panel Bastien Nocera split out the tablet page, so it can be reused for separate tablet configurations.
- In seahorse Stef Walter added support for creating creating certificate requests as well as support for PKCS#11 key generation.
- Guillaume Desmottes added a “wrong password” dialog to Empathy, used for failing GOA accounts . (GNOME bug 661640)
- Milan Crha implemented fast-transfer for the address book backend of evolution-mapi.
- For gnome-documents Cosimo Cecchi made a first version of GdTaggedEntry, a GtkEntry subclass to which tags can be added (and styled with CSS).
- Anthony Granger updated Cheese preferences dialog to be more netbook-friendly . (GNOME bug 663146)
- Jason Baron added cgroup support in the process view of gnome-system-monitor.
- John Stowers updated gnome-tweak-tool to support the new GNOME Shell 3.3.x DBus interface.
November 20, 2011
This week… 1898 commits, in 205 projects, by 226 happy hackers (and 253 were translation commits).
- In libpeas Garrett Regier made it possible for all extensions to have multiple interfaces . (GNOME bug 626644)
- Pedro Ferreira contributed a new chapter on keyboard events to the gtkmm documentation . (GNOME bug 661857)
- In libgxps Carlos Garcia Campos added manpages for the xps manipulation command-line tools.
- David Zeuthen added a new “Format Disk” dialog to gnome-disk-utility.
- In gnome-boxes Marc-André Lureau added various stats (disk, network, CPU) to the machines.
- Jasper St. Pierre added an “update” view to extensions.gnome.org that the Shell can check on a cron job.
- Jens Georg changed rygel to batch URIs for thumbnail requests . (GNOME bug 661334)
- Sjoerd Simons changed empathy to let the hardware (pulseaudio) audio source control the volume, instead of amplifying in software.
- Dan Winship added support for unencrypted PKCS#8 keys to glib-networking . (GNOME bug 664321)
- Cosimo Cecchi pushed a first implementation of an “Organize” dialog into gnome-documents.
- In gnome-games Robert Ancell ported gnomine from C to Vala.
- Hubert Figuière implemented undo for properties in Niepce.
- Shaun McCance simplified docbook bibliography handling in yelp-xsl.
- Nicolas Dufresne fixed glib to clear the proxy address upon retry . (GNOME bug 664141)
- Mike Fleetwood added labelling of brtfs filesystems into gparted.
November 13, 2011
This week… 1767 commits, in 177 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 201 were translation commits).
- Aurimas Černius added an option for displaying the gnote status icon in its preferences dialog . (GNOME bug 663817)
- Hubert Figuière is back hacking on niepce and added support for flagging pictures, as well as importing flags from XMP files.
- Florian Müllner ported mutter preferences from gconf to GSettings . (GNOME bug 635378)
- In the udisks2 port of gnome-disk-utility David Zeuthen made a first stab at a “Create Partition” dialog.
- Nicolas Dufresne work on HW accelerated element landed in clutter-gst.
- Marc-André Lureau enabled audio support for spice machines in gnome-boxes.
- In Empathy Danielle Madeley made the GNOME Online Accounts optional again . (GNOME bug 663442)
- In yelp-xsl Shaun McCance added new about footers for both docbook and mallard documents.
- Jean Bréfort fixed the rendering of outline levels in gnumeric . (GNOME bug 663663)
- In libgda Vivien Malerba made GdaHolder thread safe, and implemented the GdaLockable interface.
- Frank Ziegler contributed configurable browser filters to Banshee.
- Michael Meeks added some initial support for V7+ websockets to the broadway GTK+ backend.
November 6, 2011
This week… 1522 commits, in 143 projects, by 202 happy hackers (and 179 were translation commits).
- Dan Winship added API to handle redirections in libsoup.
- Chris Kühl modified gnome-system-monitor to include the process name in the end and kill process dialogs . (GNOME bug 560162)
- Will Thompson changed pinpoint to inhibit screensaver while fullscreened.
- In seahorse Stef Walter implemented locking and unlocking of tokens.
- Zeeshan Ali added basic support for creating a VM to gnome-boxes.
- In cogl Robert Bragg started reducing the dependency to glib.
- David Zeuthen changed gnome-disk-utility to default to formatting removable media as NTFS, noting that ideally we’d have a good filesystem for removable media but that’s not the way things work right now.
- Ekaterina Gerasimova rewrote the gnome-system-log help in Mallard . (GNOME bug 658455)
- In gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow improved text and hyperlinks import/export from and to ODF . (GNOME bug 663135 and GNOME bug 603533)
- In gparted Curtis Gedak fixed the display of ext2/3/4 and NTFS unicode volume labels . (GNOME bug 662537)
- Jean Bréfort added some optional support for EPS images into libgoffice.
- Cosimo Cecchi made a first implementation of a search dropdown filter in gnome-documents.
- In rhythmbox Jonathan Matthew reworked the search UI and added a source toolbar.
- Carlos Garcia Campos added a serie of tools to manipulate xps files into libgxps.
- Jasper St. Pierre added tab-completion to gnome-shell looking glass . (GNOME bug 661054)
- Patricia Santana Cruz added camera hotplug support to the preferences dialog of Cheese . (GNOME bug 603612)
September 11, 2011
This week… 2865 commits, in 205 projects, by 275 happy hackers (and 896 were translation commits).
- Hans Breuer updated dia so that plugins can now deliver change information for the undo mechanism.
- Emmanuele Bassi made the json-glib reader perform a stricter validation of data . (GNOME bug 658632)
- Rhythmbox got a new grilo plugin, to replace the coherence and jamendo plugins, by Jonathan Matthew.
- Dieter Verfaillie made a serie of fixes for the Microsoft Windows port of gobject-introspection.
- Lapo Calamandrei pushed a set of refreshed icons for Cheese . (GNOME bug 646770)
- Christian Persch fixed librsvg to store node type separately in RsvgNode, as the previous code could lead to a (potentially exploitable) crash . (GNOME bug 658014)
- Guido Günther turned the control center panel of krb5-auth-dialog into a standalone preferences window . (GNOME bug 657292)
- Matthias Clasen changed Mutter to not show a title on its alert dialogs.
- David Zeuthen updated his udisks2 branch of gnome-disk-utility to show disk names in red if its SMART status indicates that it’s failing.
- Jean Bréfort made goffice sheet widgets scalable . (GNOME bug 605434)
- Milan Crha updated evolution-data-server to read proxy settings from GSettings . (GNOME bug 655728)
- In Nemiver Dodji Seketeli added support for multiple breakpoints . (GNOME bug 658143)
- Cosimo Cecchi implemented listening to create/delete events from the tracker DB to refresh gnome-documents view.
- GNOME Shell got new APIs to add and remove search providers, contributed by Philippe Normand . (GNOME bug 658113)
- Vincent Untz added NTP support for SUSE variants to the datetime gnome-settings-daemon plugin . (GNOME bug 654970)
- Jim Campbell refactored the web and net sections of gnome-user-docs,combining the different pages under the net section.
- In glib Ryan Lortie improved support for alternative digits (such as Arabic numerals) in date/time formatting . (GNOME bug 658107)
- Alexander Larsson added support for contact unlinking in gnome-contacts.
- Bruno Coudoin added new animals to the erase activity of gcompris; they were taken from pictures of the Antarctic trip of Adrien Grellier and Claire Gégout.
- And keeping the subject on animals, Xavier Claessens added two new (whale and babywhale) commands to Empathy.
August 14, 2011
This week… 1305 commits, in 147 projects, by 196 happy hackers (and 237 were translation commits).
- David King disabled Ctrl-Alt-Del action in the view-only mode of Vinagre . (GNOME bug 656451)
- Vincent Untz added support for XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP, to be used by non-GNOME consumers of GNOME . (GNOME bug 654041)
- Eitan Isaacson merged the support GTK+ modules into Caribou . (GNOME bug 655047)
- In GNOME Disk Utility David Zeuthen added an UI for editing /etc/fstab entries.
- Lubosz Sarnecki contribued viewer transformation support into Pitivi.
- GHex has been ported to use GSettings by Kalev Lember.
- Jakub Steiner and Cosimo Cecchi made various refinements to the Adwaita theme.
- In pygobject Laszlo Pandy added support for calling functions with keyword arguments in invoke . (GNOME bug 625596)
- Dan Winship changed libsoup to default to TLS for https connections, and fall back to SSLv3 on failure . (GNOME bug 581342)
- Luca Bruno switched vala support for libgdata to use introspection data . (GNOME bug 655192)
- In goffice Jean Bréfort added support for smoothed curve renaming . (GNOME bug 656148)
- Jasper St. Pierre added invisible borders to Mutter, paving the way for easier grab on thin window borders . (GNOME bug 644930)
- Philip Withnall ported the MPRIS support of Totem to version 2.1.
- In folks Travis Reitter added support for vCard-like parameters to a serie of attributes.
- Murray Cumming made various improvements to the Print Layout support of glom.
July 10, 2011
This week… 2403 commits, in 164 projects, by 215 happy hackers (and 278 were translation commits).
- For Giggle Sebastien Ponce implemented different ways to look at diffs: by hunks, by file or all at once.
- Toms Baugis made the first steps towards a gnome shell extension for Hamster.
- Stef Walter updated gnome-keyring to use p11-kit for module loading, messages, and URI parsing.
- Florian Müllner made it possible for a Mutter theme to use custom colors from the GTK+ theme.
- GNOME Shell was changed by Guillaume Desmottes to the number of unread messages in the notification icons.
- In Empathy Emilio Pozuelo Monfort flipped the video preview horizontally to match what is being done in other applications . (GNOME bug 639353)
- Richard Hughes moved power management functionalities into a new gnome-settings-daemon plugin.
- Øyvind Kolås added a performance tracking framework to Clutter.
- Rodrigo Moya added a System tab to the region system settings panel.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added an interface for conditional background formatting of Gnumeric cells.
- David Zeuthen added support for DeviceAutomountHint in gnome-disk-utility . (GNOME bug 653184)
January 23, 2011
This week… 2604 commits, in 181 projects, by 266 happy hackers (and 446 were translation commits).
- The screensaver dialog screen has been made a bit more like the mockups by Jon McCann.
- Also the work he did to make gdm more like the plans for GNOME 3 has been merged by Ray Strode.
- Diego Escalante Urrelo started pushing his work for a new Epiphany download manager, in the downloads branch.
- Chandni Verma patched Empathy to display a typing icon alongside contacts in the MUC contact lists . (GNOME bug 609419)
- Jeff Schroeder added support for hiding notes, and notebook template notes, in Snowy.
- Matthias Clasen updated gnome-settings-daemon to use symbolic icons for its On Screen Display . (GNOME bug 639772)
- Paolo Bacchilega added focus stealing prevention code to file-roller . (GNOME bug 318108)
- The Adwaita theme engine has been moved from gtk-theme-engine-clearlooks to gnome-themes-standard.
- A “Generate Patch Series” pane has been added to the git plugin of Anjuta, by James Liggett.
- Marek Kašík added an initial implementation of a Printers panel to the control center.
- Pierre Wieser migrated nautilus-actions from GConf to GSettings.
- A new histogram view has been added to the sidebar of gthumb.
- David Zeuthen finished the port of gnome-disk-utility to GTK+ 3.
- The screencast recorded built in GNOME Shell has been switched to webm by Adel Gadllah . (GNOME bug 632595)
- Also in GNOME Shell Maxim Ermilov added the ability to extend a search to the web, using OpenSearch to define the search engines . (GNOME bug 623708)