June 20, 2010
This week… 2299 commits, in 199 projects, by 257 happy hackers (and 362 were translation commits).
- This week again a few modules were ported to gsettings, this is the case for GNOME Shell, Brasero, Empathy and the GNOME Bluetooth nautilus-sendto plugin.
- girparser, from gobject-introspection, got support for an introspectable=no attribute, to replace the hackish pre-filter for varargs with a much more generic mechanism . (GNOME bug 621570)
- Robert Ancell made dconf-editor understand and display configuration schemas.
- Jonh Wendell added the possibility to specifiy an alternative ssh port when doing tunnels in Vinagre . (GNOME bug 621809)
- Matthias Clasen ported accounts-dialog to be a control-center panel, this is done in the control-center-panel branch.
- Maxim Ermilov added animated display of startup notifications to GNOME Shell . (GNOME bug 598349)
- Totem has been ported to the new libpeas for plugin handling . (GNOME bug 604830)
- Garrett Regier added support for gobject introspection to gedit (GNOME bug 621549)
- F-Spot has been switched to use bilinear scaling for thumbnails . (GNOME bug 621881)
- Stef Walter fixed a deadlock on secure memory usage in gnome-keyring.
- Around the Summer of Code projects, Stéphane Maniaci added a basic flickr fetcher to ease, to grab pictures from flickr, Luca Invernizzi added a new two-way synchronization engine to Getting Things GNOME, Alexander Saprykin implemented GIO async read/write support to his totem chapter plugin, and other students also did much work…
June 13, 2010
This week… 2432 commits, in 191 projects, by 260 happy hackers (and 292 were translation commits).
- Many modules started adopting GTK+ 3 (GNOME Desktop, GNOME Settings Daemon, GNOME Color Manager, GNOME Power Manager, GNOME Control Center, Goocanvas, Totem), sometimes keeping compatibility with GTK+ 2.x, (like VTE, gucharmap, GNOME Games, librsvg and GNOME Terminal).
- Shaun McCance added “Copy Code Block” and “Save Code Black As” to code snippets in Yelp, he wrote about the feature in Yelp and the DOM.
- The volume control “applet” has been changed to use symbolic icons (GNOME bug 614212), to complete this Jakub Steiner added such icons for microphone levels . (GNOME bug 621175)
- Johan Dahlin added a “promise” module to gjs, to provide a better API for supporting asynchronous code . (GNOME bug 608450)
- Grilo got a gravatar plugin, it is used to distribute an artist-avatar/author-avater attribute if either “artist” or “author” fields contain a valid email.
- Totem has been updated to use a dark theme and symbolic icons . (GNOME bug 617921)
- Ryan Lortie added dconf-editor to the dconf module.
- Jonathan Matthew implemented the MPRIS D-Bus specification in Rhythmbox (GNOME bug 618520), MPRIS defines a common D-Bus interface for media players.
- Harold Schreckengost contributed a new F-Spot topic based help.
- Felix Kaser added a new “EmpathyLiveSearch” widget in Empathy, used to dynamically filter the main window contact list.
- In GNOME Control Center Thomas Wood converted the display capplet to a settings panel.
- Andreas J. Guelzow added a search function to the function selector of Gnumeric . (GNOME bug 495776)
- In the GNOME Shell Florian Müllner added a fade effect when overing over items of the dash . (GNOME bug 620782)
- Abderrahim Kitouni added a plugin to support Vala to Anjuta . (GNOME bug 620757)
- William Jon McCann improved the performance of the GDM greeter (GNOME bug 621045)
- In Summer of Code land, Alexander Saprykin wrote a tiny parser for CMML files, so libcmml won’t be necessary for chapter support in Totem; Yuvi Panda made photo, video and burst modes of Cheese work in his Vala port; Michal Hruby wrote a Rhythmbox plugin using Zeitgeist; and more.
May 23, 2010
This week… 2040 commits, in 188 projects, by 264 happy hackers (and 299 were translation commits).
- Brian M. Carlson added DocBook version 5 support to yelp-xsl.
- Totem and Transmageddon both got support for the new WebM video format.
- The Google Calendar backend in evolution-data-server has been removed, as the CalDAV backend should be enough to interact with Google.
- Carlos Garcia Campos continued working on his Bonobo-less panel changes, with a port to GDBus.
- Thomas Wood added support for “shell” and “panels” in gnome-control-center, and added an initial implementation of a date/time panel.
- Shaun McCance added nautilus-sendto support in Yelp, to be able to send the pictures in documentation.
- The password length limit for SSH connections in Vinagre has been lifted.
- Xan Lopez removed the status bar of Epiphany, replacing its only use, the display of targets, by a small overlay that only appear on hover . (GNOME bug 609713)
- Łukasz Jernaś added GObject introspection support to Emerillon.
- GEdit got full support for compressed files . (GNOME bug 413220)
- In GNOME Shell Owen Taylor added a facility for automated performance measurement (GNOME bug 618189); and Dan Winship updated the Telepathy support to show notifications of presence changes (GNOME bug 611613).
- Emmanuele Bassi added a GApplication class to GLib, and Colin Walters used it to add a GtkApplication class to GTK+.
- Lin Ma reworked Solaris file event notification in GIO.
April 11, 2010
This week… 2112 commits, in 176 projects, by 296 happy hackers (and 263 were translation commits).
- Martin Szulecki added detection of the ipad to gvfs AFC backend (GNOME bug 615039).
- Rhythmbox has been updated to use webkit to display HTML episode descriptions of podcasts . (GNOME bug 320507)
- Flickr authentication code has been unified in gthumb, removing duplicated code.
- In Rygel Andreas Henriksson added basic support for serving subtitles in Samsung custom DIDL-Lite and HTTP extensions . (GNOME bug 606305)
- The Totem Youtube plugin has been fixed to work again with latest youtube.com pages changes . (GNOME bug 614679)
- Tomas Bzatek changed the GTK+ file chooser so that it initializes search engines on demand . (GNOME bug 614971)
- Banshee for Meego saw another major panel UI overhaul, to reflect the latest Meego look and feel, and better organize some of the features.
- Ray Strode added support for relocatable .gnome2 directory to both gnome-games (GNOME bug 613634) and yelp (GNOME bug 614029), this is done via the GNOME22_USER_DIR environment variable.
- Joanmarie Diggs added to Orca support for the detection of mispelled words in OpenOffice.org . (GNOME bug 364772)
- libsoup has been updated with a fix for proxies that close the connection after returning a 407 error code (Proxy Authentication Required) on a CONNECT request.
- Florian Müllner added introspection support to gconf (GNOME bug 613247)
- Philip Withnall improved cancellation support in libgdata, it is now using libsoup message cancellation functionality, rather than checking for cancellation ourselves at arbitrary points during operations.
- GNOME Shell support for IM notifications has been moved to use Telepathy . (GNOME bug 608999)
November 15, 2009
This week… 1612 commits, in 180 projects, by 213 happy hackers (and 293 were translation commits).
- Banshee was migrated to the Last.fm 2.0 API . (GNOME bug 541227)
- A general search feature has been added to Rygel, including Tracker.
- The GtkNotebook widget got an “action area”, to be used for things like having a single close tab button to the right of all tabs. Johannes Schmid wrote about it in his weblog: GtkNotebook action widgets . (GNOME bug 116650)
- Totem gained an on-screen display when in fullscreen mode, Bastien Nocero announced it in A little OSD . (GNOME bug 600985)
- Simon van der Linden added the possibility to import wrappers from pygi to pygobject.
- The GNOME Shell got presence items added to the status menu . (GNOME bug 601458)
- Behdad Esfahbod reverted a commit to vte, as not clearing the alternate screen caused issues with less.
- Basic Mac OS X integration (menu, dock, bundle) has been pushed to gedit.
- Empathy was fixed to ask for password when joining a protected room (GNOME bug 579341)
- The View Properties dialog of Gnumeric was converted to be instant-apply.
- William Walker added provisional support for GNOME Shell magnifier service to Orca.
November 8, 2009
This week… 2027 commits, in 180 projects, by 252 happy hackers (and 403 were translation commits).
- Totem got (on-disk) buffering support for downloads, Bastien Nocera blogged about it: No more stuttering.
- The gvfs webdav backend has been changed to remember cookies while it’s running.
- Carlos Garnocho made the SPARQL API of Tracker fully asynchronous.
- Postr (the GNOME Flickr Uploader) has been improved to allow direct editing of title and description, when double clicking (or pressing the Return key) on the photo . (GNOME bug 562162)
- Xavier Claessens added support for some IRC slash commands to Empathy, the currently supported commands are /clear, /topic, /join, /query and /msg . (GNOME bug 573407)
- Also in Empathy Guillaume Desmottes added the display of an error message when codec negotation fails . (GNOME bug 581789)
- The GNOME screensaver got a D-Bus method to show a message on the locked screen, to be used for notification of auto logout.
- In GNOME Shell Dan Winship started a message-tray branch, with some minimal Telepathy support, it has a notification popup for messages and avatar icons.
- Brasero got gobject introspection support for its libraries . (GNOME bug 589073)
- libsoup has been fixed to not change HEAD to GET on 303 redirect.
- A new Google Translate plugin has been added to Kupfer (the command tool inspired by Quicksilver).
September 6, 2009
This week… 2207 commits, in 200 projects, by 262 happy hackers (and 654 were translation commits).
- Michael Natterer added support for layer trees in Gimp, the UI still needs to be improved but there is now a Folder button in the layers dialog . (GNOME bug 86337)
- Totem browser plugin now overrides the HTTP user-agents for Quicktime and Windows Media Player, this fixes playback of the Apple trailers . (GNOME bug 375867)
- David Zeuthen started a “new-ui” branch to rework the UI of libgdu-gtk and palimpset.
- Brasero has been fixed to not use readcd (-clone) to copy audio CD, as it doesn’t keep CD-TEXT . (GNOME bug 580813)
- Epiphany gained back its “view source” command . (GNOME bug 503968)
- A new g_mkstemp_full() function has been added to glib, to expose more parameters than g_mkstemp(), allowing more flexibility when creating temporary files . (GNOME bug 594034)
- In Gnumeric Andreas J. Guelzow added handling of ODF import/export of surface plots originally created in Excel . (GNOME bug 594041)
- Matthew Barnes updated the “mailing-list-actions”, “save-calendar” and “publish-calendar” evolution plugins to the bonobo-liberated Evolution.
- On the same topic Lucian Langa started porting evolution-rss for the new Evolution.
August 9, 2009
This week… 1813 commits, in 179 projects, by 261 happy hackers (and 401 were translation commits).
- Totem has been updated to use its new logo in both the browser plugin and main player (GNOME bug 480200), and to display embedded cover images in audio streams (GNOME bug 581249).
- Marek Kašík added SVG support to GtkPrintBackendFile, this allows printing to SVG 1.2 files. (GNIME bug 357655)
- Gimp got a palette export script which allows exporting palettes to .css, .php, .py, .txt and .java by adding a Export to menu item in the palette context menu in the Palettes dockable . (GNOME bug 304399)
- Paolo Bacchilega imported his “ext” branch to gthumb, that refactors much of it into a system of extensions.
- In GNOME Shell Marina Zhurakhinskaya enabled hot corner for triggering the overview mode; to enter and leave the overview mode by just moving the mouse to the top left corner of the screen,
and Owen Taylor added a desktop file, to allow making GNOME Shell the desktop default by adding it to the auto-start items
- Empathy was changed so dragndropping contacts will move them from group to group, instead of duplicating them in both groups . (GNOME bug 585443)
- David Zeuthen added a first usable version of the Create RAID Array dialog to GNOME Disk Utility.
- A new display-configuration branch has been created in gdm, to pursue GNOME bug 536355, to get back the ability to start and stop displays dynamically.
- Xan Lopez reimplemented a password viewer for Epiphany, that fetches the data from the GNOME keyring, which is where WebKit stores it . (GNOME bug 579217)
- In his Summer of Code project Guillaume Beland ported gnibbles to Clutter 1.0, fixed a collision bug and added some nice animations and effects.